African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
    I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. The OP is only asking for 2 things in the text

*Culls be charged at $75 - This should be a no brainer since it was agreed upon prior to hunt

*The two wounded animals (that survived) to be discounted to a 50% normal rate - I figure this comes out to like $1000 or so. This would offset any "discount" for the lodging / ranch not being as advertised.

Seems MORE than fair, *** is the outfitters problem? If he loses money, so be it, that's the risk you take when you're juggling ranches as an outfitter. Part of the game.

[emoji1603][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd suggest going to mediation and let both men work it out with a skilled mediator. A workable resolution, agreed to by both parties, is far better than a costly legal fight with no winners but the attorneys. I'd also recommend not posting on social media since that does nothing to help resolve the situation and usually only inflames the parties and makes effective dispute resolution much more difficult.

Comment

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. The OP is only asking for 2 things in the text

*Culls be charged at $75 - This should be a no brainer since it was agreed upon prior to hunt

*The two wounded animals (that survived) to be discounted to a 50% normal rate - I figure this comes out to like $1000 or so. This would offset any "discount" for the lodging / ranch not being as advertised.

Seems MORE than fair, *** is the outfitters problem? If he loses money, so be it, that's the risk you take when you're juggling ranches as an outfitter. Part of the game.
        I felt as if it was a completely reasonable request and honestly much less than it probably should have been. The 1/2 price on the wounded animals was basically a discount for the lodging just hidden in the animals where it’s not liquid money has has to return.... also in my first text I left it open ended for him to decided what he thought was an acceptable price for the hunt.... he wouldn’t even consider it.

Comment

After seeing the texts and pics I have to side with the OP on this one.

Comment

It really just comes down to this, and Lammie should be happy that this is all he comes out short on because he bait and switched the **** out of those guys and he knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
              But from what I can gather he hasn't paid the $15. He has only paid deposit. If he has paid more he hasnt said.
              That's because the outfitter is now withholding his trophies.

that's like the waiter at the restaurant telling you that you HAVE to pay the $20 steak or the valet won't give you your car back. Now what do you do. Still pay the $15 or withhold everything until you get it straightened out? That's the question

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                That's because the outfitter is now withholding his trophies.

that's like the waiter at the restaurant telling you that you HAVE to pay the $20 steak or the valet won't give you your car back. Now what do you do. Still pay the $15 or withhold everything until you get it straightened out? That's the question
                Well put...

Comment

Note to self. Do not book any hunts with Scammie Lammie.

This thread just cost Scammie way more then what Cody agreed to pay him.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                    Note to self. Do not book any hunts with Scammie Lammie.

This thread just cost Scammie way more then what Cody agreed to pay him.
                    Agreed! Everytime someone looks up Dare to Bowhunt on the web, this thread will come up! Its really sad actually.

Comment

Cody, I am sorry to hear of your experience. I have spoke with Lammie in person as well, he seemed like a good guy. I looked at hunting with him before I booked with AAS. His wife is from Nacogdoches so, he made the short drive over to Lufkin to discuss a hunt. He mentioned that he wanted to move his family to Nacogdoches and only be in Africa part time for hunting. This had me afraid that he wouldn't be able to give full attention to his hunt, which led me elsewhere.

Honestly, you are being more fair than I probably could. I hope you get what you are due, and this shows other hunters of what to look out for.

Comment

I was back and forth on this until I read the text conversation. OP made it loud and clear that he was asking for nothing more than what they agreed upon in the states. Bad call on Lammie's part not just settling up, and getting right from the beginning. There was no logical conversation. He went straight to legal action. How is this a pre meditated attempt at a freebie like he says in the text? As a member of the TBH Jury, I gotta side with CodyWitt. I feel this is going to cost Lammie a lot more money now that its going to court.

Comment

Scam tactics like this hurt ALL outfitters, even the honest ones. Some folks considering an African trip will think twice about going.

Comment

Sounds like a complete #asswhip

Comment

So the outfitter booked a hunt in an area that he no longer had the rights to. Then, without the hunters knowledge, he sent them to a different area and jacked up the prices. That's about all I need to hear.

Regarding the comments about the op addressing it while he was there. You say you travel internationally and would would dealt with it then. One BIG rule when traveling like that, NEVER get on the bad side of the locals when you don't have someone in the states watching your back and the op didn't. The guy who should have been smoothing over problems was the one creating the problems. Good job to Cody for handling it the way he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                                I'd suggest going to mediation and let both men work it out with a skilled mediator. A workable resolution, agreed to by both parties, is far better than a costly legal fight with no winners but the attorneys. I'd also recommend not posting on social media since that does nothing to help resolve the situation and usually only inflames the parties and makes effective dispute resolution much more difficult.
                                I think this is good advice.

After reading the whole thread and seeing the amount of money involved I probably would have paid him and waited until I got my animals. Then left an honest review here and maybe elsewhere. At the end of the day getting in a legal fight is costly.

Best of luck, I think it is too late to employ my strategy.

Comment

Working...
                                X