Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice bill. Congrats

Comment

Sorry for the lack of updates but nothing good to report. We still have only managed the one bull. I had a small 3x4 come into my water last night and put on a big show. If he would of been the right one, or would of been on. 20 yards quartering away head down. Just the wrong animal. Still 1.5 days left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What are the temps and weather like?

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
          What are the temps and weather like?

Sunny and high 70s. Low around 40-45

Comment

What outfitter yall using

Comment

Hang in there man. Good luck.

Comment

Saw 5 elk tonight. 4 came into my water hole. The only one that didn’t was a big shooter. He smelled where I walked in. The cows did too and still came in. This is getting old!!!

Comment

Slow. Nice morning but saw a cow a calf and a 3x3 we called in. Big boys were bedded up early I think. The issue is the full moon, they are cruising all night and going to bed around daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    Saw 5 elk tonight. 4 came into my water hole. The only one that didn’t was a big shooter. He smelled where I walked in. The cows did too and still came in. This is getting old!!!

I hunted 10 days and seen 1 elk . Stay with it. He will slip up.

Comment

Still at it?

Comment

Originally posted by JAGR View Post
                        Still at it?

That’s all she wrote. Eating in Albuquerque right now and then getting on a flight back to Houston. The moon killed us and bulls were bedding shortly after daylight. Running cows all night etc. Really fun hunt but just couldn’t beat Mother Nature. Only went 1/6 on kills. A few guys took some long shots but nobody was able to seal the deal. I never drew my bow. Oh well, was a good time.

Comment

Good luck bud

Comment

Thanks for taking us along. Safe travels home!

We had new moon conditions and we had the same problem with elk bedding right after daylight. I think that's just what they do no matter the moon phase.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                              Thanks for taking us along. Safe travels home!

We had new moon conditions and we had the same problem with elk bedding right after daylight. I think that's just what they do no matter the moon phase.

The guide was pretty bummed. They went 5/7 last week and this week we only went 1/6. It happens and I would go back there. Tons of elk and lots of bugling. They just weren’t committing to calls like you would hope. Lots of pressure from public hunters all around but very little pressure on this ranch. Oh well. Was a fun hunt regardless

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                                The guide was pretty bummed. They went 5/7 last week and this week we only went 1/6. It happens and I would go back there. Tons of elk and lots of bugling. They just weren’t committing to calls like you would hope. Lots of pressure from public hunters all around but very little pressure on this ranch. Oh well. Was a fun hunt regardless

Appreciate you letting us follow along.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X