No announcement yet.

Dish Cutomers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you checked your signal strength? May have to realign your dish.

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
      Have you checked your signal strength? May have to realign your dish.
      Dish put it in, they can check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        Well that's about right. Get home from work and turn the TV on and "no signal" is already on. Hit the reset button and still nothing. Unplug the receiver like it says and it's still "acquiring signal, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes" which was 30 min. ago!!!
        The bill just came in and is stilling on the kitchen table. Guess I could send them a message saying "Acquiring Monies"!!!!
        Lmao. Golden!!

Comment

Mine was doing the same thing. I called Dish and they wanted to upgrade my equipment. I declined and haven't had any problems since. I think it is a way of contacting us to try to upgrade equipment at no initial charge.

Comment

Dish Sucks!!!

Wife called them last week and got the run around. They wanted her to "upgrade"!!! They finally told her it would cost $95 to have a Tech come out and trouble shoot it. So, she left it up to me!!!
            So I call today. Same song and dance. I'm looking at the bill and I see where we pay $7 a month for the receiver. I tell the lady I'm NOT going to pay 95 bucks for somebody to check out their receiver. After going around with her, she puts me on hold. So, a guy comes on and I have to explain to him all over again what is going on. I finally get him to tell me he can get a guy out here for $27, but he wants to add other things and it would even lower my monthly bill about 10 bucks but wants me to agree to a 2yr deal.
            I finally said enough is enough. I told him I wasn't going to do a 2yr deal, all I want is to be able to watch TV without interruptions. I said if you can't do that, I will find somebody that can and hung up!!!
            Now, after that, they cut my service off!!! WTH!!!
            Will be calling Direct tomorrow!!!
            Or, is there another option for us rural folks??

Comment

Yes, exact same thing. Dish came out and "Fixed" it, it worked well for 2 months, then back to the same old. About to go a different route.

Comment

Been there, it’s no fun.

Comment

sounds like the same problems I have with them poor service for the money

Comment

I cancelled dish this weekend. Very happy to be done with them. So far we really like Hulu live.

Comment

I have had dish for years without any real problems. You either have a tree that needs to be trimmed, a bird nest on your dish, or some bad equipment. I suggest a call to them will be more productive then asking TBH.....

-john

Comment

Does it only drop signal on the HD channels? That's what mine does. My SD channels are fine. I think my problem is a tree blocking the HD signal. I need to have them come out and check it.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                          I suggest a call to them will be more productive then asking TBH.....

-john
                          To post on a thread, you should read the thread!!!

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                          So I call today.
                          Originally posted by darralld View Post
                          Does it only drop signal on the HD channels? That's what mine does. My SD channels are fine. I think my problem is a tree blocking the HD signal. I need to have them come out and check it.
                          Doesn't matter which channel. Most of the time, if it drops on HD, the SD won't pick it up. Nothing blocking the dish.
                          I just find it hard to believe that a company that big would let a $100/month customer go over a $95 service call to trouble shoot a device that THEY own!!!

Comment

There's only 2 sat companies and I'm a retailer for both. One isn't better than the other honestly. For every person that has a bad experience with Dish there's that many more mad at Direct. Your dish just needed aligning most likely. Usually if you call and threaten to cancel your service they will take care of it. They want to charge you the service charge because they charge $7.99 per month for a service contract to keep everything working. You declined that contract so you have to pay for the service call. Usually they will still take care of it if you go far enough toward cancelling service. Anyhow, since it's off now you can try Direct. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Comment

So Long Dish!!!

Go pound sand!!!!
                              Direct is coming out Tue!!!
                              Momma is happy now!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X