Best Feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Feeder?

Looking to snag 2-3 more feeders before the start of the season. What do y’all recommend? Looking to spend 100-200 for each!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with keeping u dear that price

Comment

Might have to up your budget unless you want a bucket. Spend some cash and be set for a few years. Stand & fills are the only way to go.

Comment

That's a tough price point to meet. However, when I bought my place there were several old homemade feeders that were left. I replaced the motors with cheapie Moultries from Academy and they've been really reliable for the last 10 years. So, maybe that's something to look for.

Comment

Just get a barrel and the prefab legs from academy. Then buy a good Motor/Timer setup. All can be bad for way less than $200. A feeder is only as good as the timer unit you put on it, so that’s where I would spend my money. Get a 12V good from foreverlast, West Texas feeder supply, or ultramatic and you will be solid.

Comment

Best feeder and $100-$200 don’t go together.

Comment

5 gallon bucket, 6v timer, battery, some rope and pulleys. You should be within your budget with that.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Best feeder and $100-$200 don’t go together.
                Yep. Buy once cry once. Buy junk and you will keep fixing it.

Were about 9 hrs from camp so you can image the words we use when a feeder doesn't work lol.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had an $80 academy feeder that actually lasted me the entire season this past season haha.

Has anyone used one of these bad boys? Retail for $240...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2451.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	24650216

Comment

This -^^^^^ is the one I was about to post. Not sure you can get much better for your budget.

The Sunslinger deer feeder is another one.

Comment

I bought one of those for a new setup last season. After 2 months and three trips up to the lease (4 hour drive) to fix it the cows had completely destroyed it. I finally bit the bullet and bought a stand and fill.

Comment

Originally posted by Stites_Bites View Post
                        Had an $80 academy feeder that actually lasted me the entire season this past season haha.

Has anyone used one of these bad boys? Retail for $240...

[ATTACH]1048650[/ATTACH]

Wobbly legs, top will rust out, no solar panel, and low capacity. Look for something else.

Comment

My buddy has had one of these out for a few seasons and has been happy with it so far

Comment

Up budget and buy the 600lb easy fill feeders from bucees.

Comment

I don’t know what capacity you want, but you’re not gonna get much for $200. I think your best buy would be a Lamco Low and Throw in the 350 lb. size from Tractor Supply. My buddy has one and it has been good. Mine are the 600 lb. size, same brand and model. Absolutely coon and hog proof.

Also, there is no corn pileup under the feeder so no need for a varmint cage, the coons can’t reach the corn or the spinner plate. The Timer and solar panel, battery included. Best buy on the market IMO.
                              Last edited by Drycreek3189; 05-06-2021, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X