Hunters Ed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunters Ed.

So why is a Hunters Ed. class ok but a ltc class is against your constitutional rights. I personally don't have an opinion either way, the classes are dumb to me but could be of help to a beginner who didn't have anyone to learn from. It seems most are for constitutional carry and get mad when someone says they need a simple class to carry a gun. I know most of the classes teach nothing and are just for the money, but really are the online Hunter Ed. classes any different. Is hunting less of a right? And yes I'm grumpy tonight.

Is hunting a Constitutional right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
      Beat me to it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Should it be is the question? You can carry a gun and do it. You would give up hunting if the president outlawed it?

Comment

In Texas, yes.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/D...ing%20wildlife.

Though you still have to play by the rules

Sec. 34. RIGHT TO HUNT, FISH, AND HARVEST WILDLIFE. (a) The people have the right to hunt, fish, and harvest wildlife, including by the use of traditional methods, subject to laws or regulations to conserve and manage wildlife and preserve the future of hunting and fishing.

(b) Hunting and fishing are preferred methods of managing and controlling wildlife.

(c) This section does not affect any provision of law relating to trespass, property rights, or eminent domain.

(d) This section does not affect the power of the legislature to authorize a municipality to regulate the discharge of a weapon in a populated area in the interest of public safety.

Comment

Yep, in TX it is!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So we have proven in Texas it is our Constitutional right to hunt yet, we pay and take a class to do so and don't gripe. But someone says we have to do the same to carry a gun. What is the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                So we have proven in Texas it is our Constitutional right to hunt yet, we pay and take a class to do so and don't gripe. But someone says we have to do the same to carry a gun. What is the difference?
                No class req'd if born before 1972.

keep try'n tho

Comment

No class req'd if born before 1972.

keep try'n tho
                  That just means the older generation has more common sense than most of us. It has bearing in this question.

Comment

SO the older generation can CC?

Comment

SO the older generation can CC?
                      Can they hunt any better than us? That date is something the state made up to appease older folks. But you know they probably should be able to according to state law.

Comment

Comparable

If the classes/fees were comparable, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Hunters Ed - One time fee of $15
                        CCL - Much higher initial fee as well as an annual renewal fee

Hunters Ed- One time class
                        CCL - If it expires for a year, you have to re-take the class

One is treated as a tool to ensure safety, the other is definitely treated as a tax.

Comment

One is treated as a tool to ensure safety, the other is definitely treated as a tax.[/QUOTE]

I never really thought of it as a tax, but that does make a sense to me. The same as a tax on suppressors and such.

Comment

I complain about hunter safety course all the time. It’s just another example of government over reach and getting into Americans business.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholson84 View Post
                              I complain about hunter safety course all the time. It’s just another example of government over reach and getting into Americans business.

It’s not a hunter safety course. It’s hunter education. Animal identification, ethics, tracking, survival skills and oh yeah... there is some gun safety as well. And it’s not just for kids. Adults take the class too.

I’m all for constitutional carry, but I think everyone who carries should have some kind of safety class. Hunter Ed vs CC is apples n oranges

Comment

Working...
                              X