Walk in Cooler ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk in Cooler ?

What is a good size for a commercial type walk-in cooler. May be 8 deer at a time in it? Does anybody on here sell them around Abilene?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insulated storage shed and a Coolbot using an a/c, fraction of the cost of a conventional walkin.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
      What is a good size for a commercial type walk-in cooler. May be 8 deer at a time in it? Does anybody on here sell them around Abilene?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      you can hang 8 deer in a 5x8 - 4 on each side.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
        you can hang 8 deer in a 5x8 - 4 on each side.
        Heck 5x8 hanging, you can fit 20 deer in. Lol

Comment

I spray foam insulated a conex container and run a 28k fridgedaire with a coolbot unit. Stays 34 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
            Yeah you could but there would be no air space between the carcasses.
            Coolbot is the way to go with whatever insulated structure you choose, they really work well.

Comment

bro, we only shoot huge bucks... gotta allow room for all that bone

Comment

ours is 5x5 or 6x6 & we've stacked them in like that...most weren't hanging, but they were aging.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                  Insulated storage shed and a Coolbot using an a/c, fraction of the cost of a conventional walkin.
                  Good info.

What do you line the walls with? Melanine paneling is my first thought.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                      Now that sounds like a good plan, will need to keep this idea in mind, thanks for posting.

Comment

You can buy those white panels but they are expensive, the one we use has tin or steel walls and a concrete floor.
                        Rancher built a walkin on the back side of his barn, 4x10 ft with tin for walls inside and out, insulation between the walls. Small 10,000btu a/c keeps it nice a cold with the Coolbot. The a/c is on the 4 ft wall and blows the cold air down the entire cooler.
                        Our brewer friend did a shed cooler for kegs, works great.

We put frig or water heater boxes on the floor to catch the blood, just throw them away after season and get new ones for the next year. I would seal the wooden floor though.

Comment

anyone have a pic of 20 deer hanging in a 5x8? I'd like to see that....

Comment

Awesome! Thank you for the info Wytex.

I reckon a decent latex or acrylic semigloss or gloss would seal nicely.

My uncle built one (8x10ish) on 4” steel pipe frame so they could chain it and drag it around wherever in the barn and barnyard.

Comment

Working...
                            X