X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we not getting an actual story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Our coaches used to have boxing matches on Fridays during off season. If you had a problem with someone, you called them out. You either kicked ***, got your *** kicked, or got bullied for not fighting. As a coach, I cant imagine doing that now. I do think kids and parents are too soft these days, but Bullying has gotten much worse since the dawn of social media. At least back in the day, when a kid went home, they could get away from it. Now its 24\7 for all the world to see.

My daughter was accused of bullying in elementary school because she told another girl she wasn't gonna play with her anymore. My daughter was playing wall ball with the boys and the other girls didn't want to so she told her mom she was being bullied. The mom even called the sheriffs office about it. We got to the school and the administration was ****** they had to deal with it. That family moved several months later.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
        Are we not getting an actual story?

Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Salami head would have been more like a nickname versus bullying back in the 70s and 80s. **** paper kids and their parents these days. ...sheesh. Nobody is taught to deal with anything these days in our overprotective society.
          Exactly. That would have been the nicest thing I was called most days. I understand social media adds a new level to the mix, but some of the things I hear people getting upset about, and parents getting involved for, are just crazy.

We spent hours ragging on each other, physical attributes, Mom and Dad cuts, everything.. until someone got too pi$$ed and then it got serious. That happened all the time. Guess we were just barbarians

Comment

Originally posted by clayree View Post
            Is being labeled a cured meat offensive??
            Processed meats are so out right now

Comment

I would kinda be disappointed in my son if thats all he could come up with to call someone in 6th grade. I'd probably even ground him.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                The OP has a history of posing vague questions like this, then going silent on the thread, never responding.

lol

Some back story on this one would be helpful for sure.

J

Comment

I have a daughter that will be a junior next year. I found out the hard way that girl bullying by 6th grade is way more advanced than name calling. "Salami head" would have been much easier to deal with for boys.

Comment

“You ever had your *** whipped by a salami head?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      The OP has a history of posing vague questions like this, then going silent on the thread, never responding.
                      Could be a bait and switch thread, get everyone leaning in one direction then get the rug pulled out. Agree, seems to be more to the story. Way too one-sided writing prompt.

Comment

My 2 daughters can, will, and have defended themselves from bullies. The youngest was bullied by 2 girls in the 5th grade the teacher said all she saw was was hands feet and elbows flying, Daughter got 4 days in school suspension the other 2 walked. But nobody ever messed with her again. I asked her who won she laughed and said I did.

Comment

Naw, I would have just watched their goofy faces when I responded with “ und du bist ein Wasserkopfjunge”.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                            Exactly. That would have been the nicest thing I was called most days. I understand social media adds a new level to the mix, but some of the things I hear people getting upset about, and parents getting involved for, are just crazy.

We spent hours ragging on each other, physical attributes, Mom and Dad cuts, everything.. until someone got too pi$$ed and then it got serious. That happened all the time. Guess we were just barbarians
                            This is the reason I don't think school aged kids should have social media!

Comment

Well I guess it’s better than being a bologna azz.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                                I was a red-headed, freckle-faced kid and had the temper to go with it. I had many fights in school over the ridicule & comments/insults that brought on, mostly in kindergarten, elementary, and junior high, but a couple in high school. I don't recall it ever happening from the same kid twice, and it never entered my mind to ask my parents for intervention. Of course this would have been from about 1970-1983...
                                Same here and buck teeth to boot. I've heard every name you can think of. Had a few fights from the ones that just never let up but most of the time I just ignored the morons and they would go away. I also learned how to to make friends with the toughest guys in school. They usually had my back when I needed them.
                                I remember in 7th grade I was about a buck 20 and skinny as all get out. There was a kid who was a little bigger than me but not much. He would make fun of me on occasion but was one of those that wasn't worth getting in a fight over. Later in life I saw him at a party when we were in our early 20's. I had grown some and put on some muscle. He hadn't. It was a fun party. He was on edge the whole night. I never did anything to him but I made him as nervous as I could all night. Good times.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X