smallest, weakest caliber pig kill pic thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    Daughter head-shot this one with a .222Rem.
    [ATTACH]1047384[/ATTACH]
    wow ! way to teach the young ones that's a good hog!

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      What is that rifle? That thing looks beautiful. Looks like it has some very nice wood.
      CZ 457 Varmint. It had much prettier wood before I got a hold of it. I do have a like new factory replacement stock for it that has beautiful wood as well if I ever decide to quit treating it like a truck rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
        Smoked these two beasts with the ever popular 300blk subsonic at 60 yards! Remember its all about shot placement got a two for one in flip flops!

Jason Slocum

Sir, those are Australian hiking boots. Can’t be mixing up the terminology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          CZ 457 Varmint. It had much prettier wood before I got a hold of it. I do have a like new factory replacement stock for it that has beautiful wood as well if I ever decide to quit treating it like a truck rifle.
          I keep saying I am going to buy a CZ, one in 6.5 Grendel. I have only owned CZ pistols never owned one of their rifles, but sure like what I have seen.

I love having a gun with beautiful wood on it, but I sure hate dinging up a beautiful piece of wood. I like to save those for special occasions. I can see a ding on the side of that stock, on your gun. At least you have a nice piece to put on it, to make it look great again.
          Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 04-22-2021, 08:09 AM.

Comment

All with a 32gr 204 Ruger. I know that this will probably be disproven by some sort of science but something about bullet speed seems to make animals drop.

Last edited by Fordnandez; 04-22-2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
              All with a 32gr 204 Ruger. I know that this will probably be disproven by some sort of science but something about bullet speed seems to make animals drop.

https://youtu.be/gAIduao_vX8
              I agree whole heartedly, something about it that just works. I am becoming a big fan of fast quick expanding bullets that are heavy enough to get deep enough to do their job but built frangible enough to cause massive trauma.

Comment

I kill a lot of pigs with a .22 LR.

Sneak to within 40 or so yards and shoot them right below the ear.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                  I agree whole heartedly, something about it that just works. I am becoming a big fan of fast quick expanding bullets that are heavy enough to get deep enough to do their job but built frangible enough to cause massive trauma.
                  I just picked up an AR10 in 243 that I am super excited about. They make a 55 grain bullet that is almost 4k fps at the muzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                    wow ! way to teach the young ones that's a good hog!
                    Thanks. That was several years ago.
                    I'm currently building a custom 260 for her. Just got the barreled action back from Pac-nor today.
                    I guess it stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                      Thanks. That was several years ago.
                      I'm currently building a custom 260 for her. Just got the barreled action back from Pac-nor today.
                      I guess it stuck.
                      love my 260!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RPzh6HescI&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnablo"]Ruger Precision rifle shooting to 700 yards - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

only shot 1 pig with my 204 Ruger .. in the head .. it looked like it exploded from inside .. eyes popped out of the skull and everything ... brutal!

i've used it on some of my ar500 targets that didn't have hanging holes .. upclose it goes right through.. 4250fps is no joke!

Comment

only shot 1 pig with my 204 Ruger .. in the head .. it looked like it exploded from inside .. eyes popped out of the skull and everything ... brutal!

i've used it on some of my ar500 targets that didn't have hanging holes .. upclose it goes right through.. 4250fps is no joke!
                          I have done the same thing. 39 gr blitzing and 40 gr vmax at my buddies range went right through his AR500 targets at 100 yds. Just zipped right through it. Lots of folks don't believe me but that target as taken a beating by a .30-378 weatherby and ate it but that little bitty ole .204 did the ticket. He banned me from shooting any more of his steel with it inside 200 yds.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

.22 subs in the ear works like a charm.Even if it not perfect,it will usually knock them down.if they get up I put a couple in their engine works.

Comment

That's fast enough to send a molten slug of copper right on thru. Same way anti tank penetrators do except the Composition B behind the copper cone explodes at just shy of 29,000 fps. Talk about hot
                              Crazy how fast copper can turn to liquid and burn thru hardened steel.

Comment

I have done the same thing. 39 gr blitzing and 40 gr vmax at my buddies range went right through his AR500 targets at 100 yds. Just zipped right through it. Lots of folks don't believe me but that target as taken a beating by a .30-378 weatherby and ate it but that little bitty ole .204 did the ticket. He banned me from shooting any more of his steel with it inside 200 yds.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
                                My 204 Ruger shooting a 32gr bullet put a bigger indention in a piece of plate steel than any other caliber we have shot at it including a 50 cal.

Comment

Working...
                                X