• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're near tomball PM me. My wife's company may offer TBH discounts

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      When you say, it needs new seals and to pull it off, is it just a matter of pulling the hoses off and taking the whole line into a shop? Is there a reason this would be difficult?

I have Deere that is starting to do the same thing on a few lines. Are the seals basically in the hose end pieces?
      I was referring to the cylinder for the OP. In your case I try to tighten them up first. If that doesn't work just pull the line off and have a new one made. I go to NAPA auto parts for new hydraulic lines. Just bring in the old one and they will make one to match. Only takes them a few minutes and I'm on my way.

Comment

I pulled the left side hydrolic cylinder and you could see a a bad tear in the seal.

Other side was dry as dust... gonna leave that one alone. I musta hit the seal with a cedar limb or something.

gonna take it to a local hydraulic shop in the morning.

thanx for all the suggestions...ideas and advice. been educational.

Comment

Let us know what they charge. Hope you don’t get sticker shock!!!

Comment

will do. should be reasonable. we'll see.

Comment

The guy I uae charges $70 on average.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                Let us know what they charge. Hope you don’t get sticker shock!!!
                Went and picked up the cylinder today. Pretty pricey I thought 191.00 for one cylinder.

25 of that was shop supplies and shipping(guess they had to order parts)

little more expensive than I thought it would be from a hydrolic shop.

Labor was 115. With only 22 hours on it, figured I'd just take the bad one in.

Comment

question fro the more experienced tractor folks.

outside of hittin a seal with a cedar tree limb and damagined it...what kind of life expectancy could one expect under nornamal use.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

outside of hittin a seal with a cedar tree limb and damagined it...what kind of life expectancy could one expect under nornamal use.
                    Impossible question to answer. And hate to answer your bubble but that’s the wiper seal on outside that you tore. I suspect the other cylinder will go out soon. Unfortunately they just dry out over time from lack of use siting is usually worse on them then being used.

Comment

My bad...not 22 hours on it...225 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

I have same tractor with around 1000 hours in it. I don’t think I’ve had to fix the same cylinder more than once yet, if that helps any.

I love Kubota’s hydraulics and don’t sweat having cylinders fixed once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          Ok, so mine is actually leaking from here.
                          Get a wrench and try tightening it up. Usually that will fix it. If it does not run in and get a hose made at your local Napa, oreillies etc. Just google hydraulic hose places near you.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I’ve had about 15 forklifts over the years, and I quit replacing seals a long time ago. A good independent hydraulic shop is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Exactly right, hydraulic cylinders are a pain in the *** to deal with. We usually will fix dang near anything we can in house for as long as I can remember on all of our heavy equipment, tractors, dozer, grader, etc... And as long as I can remember we have always taken them in to be repaired. Less mess in the shop, quicker, and easier. And usually pretty cheap and the money is well spent letting some one else deal with it.

Comment

Thanks, west!

Comment

There is often trapped pressure in these cylinders, so it's always a good idea to cycle the handle that controls that cylinder when the engine is turned off. That should relieve any high pressure trapped in the cylinder. You don't want high pressure in your face when you break the fitting loose.

Comment

If you have never replaced seals on a hydraulic cylinder, you might be better off taking the cylinder off, capping the end of the hose and taking the cylinder to a hydraulic shop. They will be able to rebuild the cylinder easily. Not sure what they charge to do so, but it's pretty easy to do, when you know how, so I would not think it would cost a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X