No announcement yet.

Rip Eddie Van Halen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a good day Eddie could pick a billion notes per minute, on a bad day he only managed half a billion. Truly one of the greatest, RIP Eddie.

Comment

RIP Eddie

Comment

Such a bummer.

Comment

Truly a once in a lifetime musician, but I also admired him for the creativity and bravery in seeking out "his" tone by switching components around to find that sound. Some of those early guitars, man, were just hardware store contraptions he made in the house.

RIP EVH

Comment

2020 just keeps sucking. RIP EVH, I grew up on their music. One of the best guitarist ever

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ed’s was the ultimate American immigrant success story.

He is the greatest rhythm guitarist ever, period.
              He has the most iconic guitar on the planet.
              His tone hasn’t been duplicated in 40 years and most attempts at trying to replicate his sound is meh at best.
              He was the ultimate mad scientist tinkerer with guitars and amplification.
              There are countless Internet forum discussions on how he achieved his tone.

Music Maker, Peavey and Fender EVH Wolfgangs are as fine of production guitars as are available. The American Wolfgang’s are made in Corona by Fender’s Custom ship luthiers. They are bad *** guitars.
              His 5150 Peavey amps are regarded as the pinnacle of heavy metal amps.
              His Fender 5150 III line are probably the most popular metal amps available today.

The man revolutionized rock and roll guitar arguably as much as Hendrix and his tone is as legendary and as difficult to achieve as Stevie Ray’s.
              When his library of music is combined with his contributions to guitar and amplification, I’m totally comfortable saying Ed was the man.

I’ll miss him terribly.
              If anyone has an Ed story, I’d appreciate hearing it.

RIP Ed.

Comment

RIP brotha playing the axe in the sky now.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                  Ed’s was the ultimate American immigrant success story.

He is the greatest rhythm guitarist ever, period.
                  He has the most iconic guitar on the planet.
                  His tone hasn’t been duplicated in 40 years and most attempts at trying to replicate his sound is meh at best.
                  He was the ultimate mad scientist tinkerer with guitars and amplification.
                  There are countless Internet forum discussions on how he achieved his tone.

Music Maker, Peavey and Fender EVH Wolfgangs are as fine of production guitars as are available. The American Wolfgang’s are made in Corona by Fender’s Custom ship luthiers. They are bad *** guitars.
                  His 5150 Peavey amps are regarded as the pinnacle of heavy metal amps.
                  His Fender 5150 III line are probably the most popular metal amps available today.

The man revolutionized rock and roll guitar arguably as much as Hendrix and his tone is as legendary and as difficult to achieve as Stevie Ray’s.
                  When his library of music is combined with his contributions to guitar and amplification, I’m totally comfortable saying Ed was the man.

I’ll miss him terribly.
                  If anyone has an Ed story, I’d appreciate hearing it.

RIP Ed.

Well said. He was the GOAT...will never be another!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rip EVH. He was the best during his prime. I feel for his family.

Comment

Very few 80's kids that didn't jam to Van Halen.
                      Eddie was a genius.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

And he never learned how to read music. Pretty incredible.

Comment

Bummer... first concert I ever was allowed to go see as a kid. I can't believe my parents let me go. Must have been around 1982. One of my itunes playlists named "80s rock" is literally filled with their songs. RIP Eddie.

Comment

What a bummer.

VH 1984 was one of the most iconic albums ever. Was in high school and wore out I don’t know how many cassette tapes of that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Rip

Comment

Legend.

Innovator.

Trail blazer.

One of the all time greats.

I knew he has been sick but wasn't expecting this yet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X