Exotic kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exotic kill

Just wondering why some of these ranches didn’t offer discount hunts for there exotics before the storm. Now I’m not in the business And not sure how it works but I contacted a few to see if they needed help harvesting a few that were going to be in trouble but was denied. And now I see that it was a total **** show and they lost a lot. I hope a lot of people got to get some of the meat offf these animals. Now just to make things clear I was willing to pay for some of these animals. What’s your thoughts.?

I think this explains it well.

I was fortunate and didn’t lose a single animal.
    Attached Files

Comment

When this came about they were probably busy doing 100 other things rather than trying to make a few dollars off some hunters in case some of their animals died.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post

I would also assume there is insurance on them?

Comment

I just lost 3 are four Blackbucks in Mills county. The bad is one of my bigger bucks has disappeared. Haven't found him are his carcass yet. I did feed real heavy during this storm.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
            I would also assume there is insurance on them?
            Not on our ranches.

I know some places that lost many Super Exotics (EXPENSIVE). They never mentioned insurance. Just part of it. I’m sure there are write offs same as any livestock business.

Comment

Not on our ranches.

I know some places that lost many Super Exotics (EXPENSIVE). They never mentioned insurance. Just part of it. I’m sure there are write offs same as any livestock business.

I guess insurance was the wrong word. LOL....Cattle write offs is what I was thinking when I wrote it. I figured there would be some compensation on them.

Comment

I understand that completely but that ranch is located in the panhandle where it’s a lot colder there than here most of the yr. I’m talking about the ranches in south Texas and some around Menard that I know that lost numerous exotics this week. I’ve hunted in the panhandle many yrs and I’m sure they get accumulated to it. But not down south. Jmo and just asking.

Comment

My landowner just told me we loss 2 blackbuck and 1 axis fawn at the ranch. At his house he loss 2 axis.....one doe and one young buck. I suspect we will find more as it is a big place.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Can anyone help me post a pic. Pm me

Comment

so far the only axis i found was a yote kill behind the barn, from the look of the snow, he put up a hell of a fight

Comment

Sounds like JJ is a power distribution facility 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                          Can anyone help me post a pic. Pm me
                          PM sent

Comment

I know a breeder in the hill country. He lost 110 of his 150 axis, and 40 of his 50 black buck.

Another breeder lost 19 grants gazelle.
                            Others have lost bongo’s, giraffes, and sable, and on and on.
                            I personally have lost one kudu cow and feel lucky so far. It will take years and years for the exotic industry to bounce back.
                            Prices will be sky high for a while for live sales and hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pic for Bownut.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X