Diesel anti- gel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel anti- gel

Anyone adding this to their fuel for the upcoming week? I've never used it before but I reckon 20 bucks on some is better than a lifetime of issues. Is it really needed here?

Was wondering too. Guys on some diesel forums didn’t seem to be worried about it. No idea honestly though. I run EDT every tank but don’t think it has an anti gel component.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Live in Blacksburg VA for four years. Never added anything to the diesel in my truck that wasn’t already blended in the fuel there. Maybe I got lucky.

Comment

They do not blend anything in diesel in most of Texas if you want it to run when it gets in the teens you better add it

Comment

I put it in mine went to Colorado at the end of 2019 first of 2020 and did not till I looked in the tank in the back and it started to gel it was 16 hi and Lowe’s of -2 I think the $20 is worth it

Comment

yes run it unless your getting winter blend diesel where you fill up. then you could wait till it gets into the lower teens before adding.

Comment

I put howes in my truck today, I got it at oriellys.

Comment

I would think anything with a CP4 fuel pump probably should have some type of anti gel to prevent them from failing

Comment

Here in Minnesota the pumps have blended diesel at the pumps starting in November. We do keep some diesel 911 and anti-gel to with Cetol to help with cold starts on hand for skid steer and tractor as we don’t use them much other than to move snow and do odd jobs. For 20 degrees and cooler, it’s cheap insurance. At -15 the DEF system freezes and the tank warmer can’t keep up, you begin to question living here.

Comment

I use it my tractor. Even with the additive it took a little to get it to fire off this morning

Comment

I never even thought about this. How do I know if the place I get diesel has anti gel in it?

Comment

I’ve bought diesel in Kansas and had it gel at 2 degrees. Iowa the diesel had additives to prevent gelling. Pretty sure Texas won’t have any additive, I’m putting it in to be sure.

Comment

This stuff do the trick? Running a 2018 F250

Comment

I had mine gel up in Colorado a few years back. It was -17 and I had filled up with “winter blend” diesel. I used the diesel 911 and no more problems.
                            I lit a bag of charcoal on a sheet of metal and slid it under the truck to thaw out the lines enough to get it circulating.
                            That’s also the country where a whole bunch of equipment operators from south Louisiana learned to park their iron on wooden skids to keep from freezing the tracks to the ground.

Comment

Does it matter brand and is anyone running it in their Duramax LP5.

Comment

Working...
                              X