Fencing questions/quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fencing questions/quote

I’ve been getting quotes for 750’ of fencing. I’m wanting field fence with a strand or two of barbed wire on top. I will need 4 pipe corners and 3 h braces. I got a quote from a guy who came highly recommended and he was right around $4000. That seems high but he has a long list of satisfied customers. I’m not really familiar with different types of pipe but what question should I be asking about the type of pipe he’s going to use on the corners?

I’m in Fannin County if anybody on here wants to look at the job I’d be happy to entertain more estimates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only difference in pipe would be whether they use 2 3/8“ or 2 7/8” and whether the pipe is new or used. Both will last as long as you are alive new just looks nicer.

Comment

roughly
      2 rolls of barb wire @$50/roll (likely more) $100
      3 rolls of 47" field fence @ $144/roll $432
      ~70 t-posts @$2.69 /ea(t-post every 10') $203
      3 H braces @$80/ea $240
      4 corners @$130/ea $520
      =$1395

That does not count sackrete or other related costs and the above are roughly what common costs are and assuming you have to buy full rolls with left over. You can build your own corners and H's for less if you can weld.

Quick local craigslist search says $3.10/ft for barb wire so may be going rate with field fence of $5.33

Fence guy you got quote from may like bigger jobs and pricing smaller jobs accordingly

All above is with fence lines already cleared and ready to start laying out posts/wire

Rest is labor and equipment costs plus profit

Building fence is like hauling hay, not something I want to do for anyone other than my best friends if not my own

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        roughly
        3 H braces @$80/ea $240
        4 corners @$130/ea $520
        =$1395

That does not count sackrete or other related costs and the above are roughly what common costs are and assuming you have to buy full rolls with left over. You can build your own corners and H's for less if you can weld.

Quick local craigslist search says $3.10/ft for barb wire so may be going rate with field fence of $5.33

Fence guy you got quote from may like bigger jobs and pricing smaller jobs accordingly

All above is with fence lines already cleared and ready to start laying out posts/wire

Building fence is like hauling hay, not something I want to do for anyone other than my best friends if not my own

So basically, it’s pretty reasonable. Thank you!

Comment

I build pipe fences in South Fort Worth. New 2 3/8", painted and 5' no climb horse fence, very minimal brush clearing, simple gate, for around $15/ft.

Sent from my BV9600Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

roughly
            3 H braces @$80/ea $240
            4 corners @$130/ea $520
            =$1395

When I built mine, the Stay Tuff net wire I used was like $300 a roll If I remember correctly. Depending on what materials he uses can affect the cost. Maybe not a lot, but some.

Comment

I work w/ 2 guys at my FD that do pipe fence. One is in whitney the other is in commerce. Pm me and ill put you in touch w them.

Comment

roughly
                3 H braces @$80/ea $240
                4 corners @$130/ea $520
                =$1395

I can't believe you still have a TSC price catalog from 1998!
                I put up telephone pole H braces, corner posts, and drove all t posts back around 2006 for the back side of my property. Bought all the sheep and goat wire for about the same length of fence you have, but it was just one side of my property. Straight line and there was not any trees or bushes in the way. I had a local fence company come quote just to pull the wire and attach it to the posts. I had everything ready and even had all the staples and t post clips for them to use. He quoted me $3500! Needless to say, he didn't get a call back.

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                  When I built mine, the Stay Tuff net wire I used was like $300 a roll If I remember correctly. Depending on what materials he uses can affect the cost. Maybe not a lot, but some.
                  That is Oklahoma brand 47" field fence from Atwoods
                  Stay Tuff would be money well spent though

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                  I can't believe you still have a TSC price catalog from 1998!
                  I put up telephone pole H braces, corner posts, and drove all t posts back around 2006 for the back side of my property. Bought all the sheep and goat wire for about the same length of fence you have, but it was just one side of my property. Straight line and there was not any trees or bushes in the way. I had a local fence company come quote just to pull the wire and attach it to the posts. I had everything ready and even had all the staples and t post clips for them to use. He quoted me $3500! Needless to say, he didn't get a call back.
                  $3500 just to stretch and attach?

Atwoods current prices and pipe H brace and corner prices are from somebody off of craigslist

I need to build some fence so I have been checking prices

Shop around and hit the manager up if you are buying larger quantities of materials and probably shave some off those prices

Comment

I build fence north west of Fort Worth so, a bit far for me to travel.

Based off of what you posted I'd be between $4,500 and $5,000.

That would be 8ft H braces out of 2 7/8 pipe painted and capped. At least 2 bags of sacrete per hole.

48" 4x4 sheep and goat wire.
                    2 strands of barbed wire
                    T posts every 8ft.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubb View Post
                      I build fence north west of Fort Worth so, a bit far for me to travel.

Based off of what you posted I'd be between $4,500 and $5,000.

That would be 8ft H braces out of 2 7/8 pipe painted and capped. At least 2 bags of sacrete per hole.

48" 4x4 sheep and goat wire.
                      2 strands of barbed wire
                      T posts every 8ft.

Thank you!

Comment

Yeah 4K good price these days !
                        I couldn’t touch that price.
                        6$ per ft plus H’s and Corners.

Comment

Working...
                        X