Weird bird ? for the GS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird bird ? for the GS!

Wife and I live in the country and we have a lot of windows and a huge picture window on the east side of our house in our living area.

We are having a male cardinal constantly pounding himself against the windows and even on the side windows on each side of our entry door. he does the same on my truck when it is parked. pounding against the front glass and the door glass. He acts as if he is going after an insect or possibly seeing his reflection and going after a rival. Either that or I think he is nuts.

Anyone ever seen this tye of behavior from a cardinal? It is actually getting so bad and bothersome I may have to SSS his rear!

They are territorial and he sees another male reflection on the glass. I've seen them actually get bloody attacking truck mirrors.

Comment

I'll bet you he thinks its a rival, and attacks his reflection

Comment

Yes, cardinals will wear out side mirrors fighting their reflection

Comment

Cardinals do that a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a cardinal that guards the bird feeder. Anything approaches it, other birds or squirrels, and he goes after them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Had one a while back kicking his own butt on my mirror ......good times watching that

Comment

Blue jays will do the same thing.

Comment

I dont get it, but they do it around our house all the time too. We ended up putting some black solar screens on the windows and that stopped them from hitting the windows, but they still hammer the French doors on the back porch.

Comment

I had one doing it every time I parked at work for two weeks. It was like he was waiting on me every morning. Then one day he was gone never saw him again.

Comment

My son has to put socks over his mirrors to get them to stop.

Comment

I’ve seen cardinals do this many times.

Comment

As others have said, the males are territorial and seeing their reflections. They'll go until they kill themselves a lot of the time

Comment

Working...
                          X