No announcement yet.

Recommendation for home TV sound bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do the get the sound to the sound bar.? Do sound bars have separate remotes?

I have DirectTv with an hdmi cable that runs from a cabinet off to the side through the wall and comes in behind the wall mounted tv.

The tv is Samsung about 8 years old. I think it may have an rca speaker out jack.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
      How do the get the sound to the sound bar.? Do sound bars have separate remotes?

I have DirectTv with an hdmi cable that runs from a cabinet off to the side through the wall and comes in behind the wall mounted tv.

The tv is Samsung about 8 years old. I think it may have an rca speaker out jack.

Thanks
      It should have an optical cable connection on the back of the tv and the sound bar should come with the optical cable.

Comment

I'm really happy with my Samsung 2.1, sound quality wise. I bought it hoping it would work better with my Samsung TV. About 5% of the time though it won't turn on with the TV and i have to use the soundbar remote to turn it on. Kinda random. I'm finishing a house build and planning on upgrading to SONOS. Not a cheap upgrade though.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
          Sonos !!
          ^^^^This^^^^

Comment

I have a Polk with wireless sub. It sounds great, but I have a hard time getting it to automatically turn on/off with the tv. That’s my only complaint but it’s very annoying.

Comment

Samsung with a sub. It’s quality sound.

Comment

I do home audio and home theaters for a living and we install a lot of Sonos, I have several pieces of Sonos equipment in my house and it's a great product. That being said it isn't inexpensive. Almost any sound bar you get will have much better sound than the TV speakers and any of the name brands mentioned above will serve you well. What I would say for you to really pay attention to is the connection between the TV and sound bar. If your TV has a HDMI port labeled ARC then make sure you get a sound bar that has a HDMI input on it for ARC. This makes setting up your sound bar with the TV very simple. You will connect the two together with and HDMI cable, the TV and soundbar will set up volume control automatically and within a few seconds you're ready to go and no need to program the soundbar's volume control into another remote.

Comment

Working...
                X