• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2010 just rolled 209,000 batteries tires and oil changes
    Wife has a 4 runner 190,000 and our ranch truck is 2008 Tundra
    With 293,000. Toyota hands down.

Comment

So I always hear people use the resale value as a reason to buy a Toyota, but if the initial cost of the vehicle is $15-$20k more, as was stated in a previous post, is this really a good reason to buy a Toyota? Just something for the OP to think about. You can’t possibly come out ahead in the end.

Comment

Is this a real question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
          So I always hear people use the resale value as a reason to buy a Toyota, but if the initial cost of the vehicle is $15-$20k more, as was stated in a previous post, is this really a good reason to buy a Toyota? Just something for the OP to think about. You can’t possibly come out ahead in the end.

$15-20K? I just bought a Tundra last summer.....I looked at Toyota, Ford and Chevy and my Tundra price was nowhere close to that . In fact, a similar packaged Ford F150 was higher. To reach that claim my Tundra sticker would have to have been 60-65K and it wasn't close to that..
          Last edited by Smart; 01-21-2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Bought a 2018 Tundra and it’s the best truck I have ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              $15-20K? I just bought a Tundra last summer.....I looked at Toyota, Ford and Chevy and my Tundra price was nowhere close to that . In fact, a similar packaged Ford F150 was higher. To reach that claim my Tundra sticker would have to have been 60-65K and it wasn't close to that..
              I’m just going off of what was said in another post. The Titan would definitely be cheaper though than the Tundra, although $15-$20k cheaper sounds a bit high to me too. My point is you have to factor in the initial cost when making the resale value claim. If the initial cost is the same then it’s a valid point. Typically Toyota’s are more expensive though. At least they have been in my shopping experiences.

Comment

Which one hauls the by God space shuttle getting 27 mph up hill with 2 tons of corn?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2010 Tundra 4X4 with 250,000 miles and still runs like a top. The only thing I have replaced was the starter and a U-joint. I think the U-joints went bad because the place I took it to for the oil changes did not lube the u-joints. It was bone dry when it was removed.

Comment

After all this, watch him post a picture of his newly purchased Nissan Titan in the next few days...

Comment

Not to jump off of Tundra. My company truck was a 10 Tacoma. When they bought it for me I thought this ought to be fun since they replaced a Tundra for a Taco. I drove it to Denton back to Cleburne. The only issues were one battery , one alternator, and one thermostat later and 370,294 miles they put me in another truck. Thinking my next personal truck might be a Toyota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Titan. All day every day.

Comment

Don’t know where fella is getting his info, paid 43 out the door for 19’ tundra TSS 4x4 crew max. Is that 10-15k more for comparable?

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Which one hauls the by God space shuttle getting 27 mph up hill with 2 tons of corn?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                            This right here as they say mic drop

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                              Don’t know where fella is getting his info, paid 43 out the door for 19’ tundra TSS 4x4 crew max. Is that 10-15k more for comparable?
                              Don’t know. See post 33. I just used his as an example.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                                After all this, watch him post a picture of his newly purchased Nissan Titan in the next few days...

That sounds familiar from the Fuge.[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X