Black Bear Sighted in Duval County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
    Continued black bear movement from Mexico to South Texas...guess that wall ain't workin to well.
    What wall?

Comment

Nice , 40lbr? Bout the size of the one in Gerald G’s avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        Near San Diego? Hopefully it fairs better then the deer in Duvall county, poachers don’t discriminate down there, black or brown and it’s down
        And it’s been nearly 75 years since San Diego tx was known as a white tail Mecca
        Lol... that ain't no lie.

Comment

incredible how well the bears are doing across the nation.

Comment

Picture is from Benavides area.
            I checked with some old timers there, it's real.
            I have also seen a few game cam pictures from Brooks County that also had some bears on it.

A few years (+/- 10 yrs) back, I spoke with a gauger that swears he saw one near Webb/Duval County line.
            People kept saying it was a hog, but he swears it wasn't.

They are out there.
            Hope they don't make too good of a comeback, I figure they'd be like having giant racoons around, that are protected.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Black Panther

Comment

Now the Bears are crossing illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                  We hunt about 20 minutes from San Diego and hunting has been better than most people think it is. We hunt 500 acres low fence and deer get better and better every year with proper management. I’m after this wide 8. He was there yesterday evening but I didn’t get to camp till after dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  If you are near San Diego and have deer on your place, I would not advertise that, much less big deer. You won't have them long.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    Near San Diego? Hopefully it fairs better then the deer in Duvall county, poachers don’t discriminate down there, black or brown and it’s down
                    And it’s been nearly 75 years since San Diego tx was known as a white tail Mecca
                    Very much the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
                      A friend of mine just has a black bear on camera at his lease in Rocksprings.
                      I would love to see that picture if possible.

I might be in the minority, but I think it would be great if they recovered to a huntable population.

I understand why the ranchers are not so optimistic, but these bears are all over a large portion of the country and seem to be manageable. Especially if TPWD can utilize hunters to keep there numbers in check.

Comment

Working...
                      X