Torn on a new 28 gauge dove gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Except all the dang misses with that bent barrel...

"Smart.....Come on Smart!"

Even more of a reason to have that 3rd shell!!!

Comment

I love shooting a 28gauge shotgun,of any kind.I've had the Ethos' in 20,and 12.Never had one in 28ga.That will be my next shotgun however.I never could get used to my Beretta a400.Like someone said earlier,"kind of blocky",was a good way to describe em.Good luck on your decision,and post pics of that ethos when you bring it home[emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
        Even more of a reason to have that 3rd shell!!!

Hahahahaha! I might dust off the Benelli M1 20 gauge for the May Eursasian hunt....or sell it and buy a A400 black synthetic. I've been looking..

That's a big "might" though!

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
          I think you should stick to a 410. No need to take down powerlines and cause power outages in frisco
          Hahahaha. It was kinda weird having the news reporter on one side of me, and frisco police on the other side of me while hunting. Never had that happen before. Wish I could find where it aired on the news. You could hear the cop telling me "here comes 2" see if you can hit both.
          I dont do the "Urban Shoots" anymore. Dove Blasters took over every field around Frisco. We've been stomping them out by Cooper the last 3 years!

Comment

Dad has both the 686 sporting & Browning 725...the 686 is a little too whippy for me & quite a bit lighter.

The 725 actually feels Italian especially for a Browning & similar swing to my Zoli.

Comment

I love my 28 Ethos. I shoot a 28ga o/u on pheasant hunts. Like Smart, I prefer the o/u for the simplicity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                I love my 28 Ethos. I shoot a 28ga o/u on pheasant hunts. Like Smart, I prefer the o/u for the simplicity.

I agree with Smart too. Ive used a Yildiz o/u for years. Last year I bought an older Winchester 101 I'd been wanting. Absolutely love that gun. Its a sweet shooter.
                But have been wanting a "fun gun" that our boys can shoot too. At least thats what I keep telling the wife!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  . I shoot a 28ga o/u on pheasant hunts.

Bingeaux! [emoji106] I knew someone was using a 28 on pheasant. I hope to break it in on pheasants this winter instead of my Benelli SBE.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Beretta semi auto in 28 and love it, but I want a 725. I also would take a red label off of someone’s hands😄. Beretta for trade bait😄

Comment

Originally posted by Sinkey View Post
                      Hahahaha. It was kinda weird having the news reporter on one side of me, and frisco police on the other side of me while hunting. Never had that happen before. Wish I could find where it aired on the news. You could hear the cop telling me "here comes 2" see if you can hit both.
                      I dont do the "Urban Shoots" anymore. Dove Blasters took over every field around Frisco. We've been stomping them out by Cooper the last 3 years!
                      Good deal. We hunt around pecan gap and have probably passed each other

Comment

another vote for a400 in 28g!

Comment

I have had both. I now have a Benelli ethos sporting 28 gauge with 28-inch barrel. It is one sweet Dove and teal gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Great guns, can't really go wrong! [emoji106] I decided to pass on those however and now watching my emails daily for my custom 28 gauge/over & under to arrive from Italy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                            Guerini?

Comment

I’ve got a super sport and a400 in 20. I think the a400 20/28 are basically same gun just chambered diff. I like the a400 a lot but I shoot the Benelli better. The Benelli action feels smoother cycling to me also.
                              Don’t think you can go wrong with either though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinkey View Post
                                So after going to Scheels the other night I threw myself a curve ball on guns. Went in looking at a Benelli Ethos 28 chambered for 3" shells. Sweet feeling gun!!! But while in there I went over and checked out the Beretta A400 Xplor 28 with 28" barrel. It felt just as good if not better. Obviously both these guns are somewhat new in the market and nobody has one I know of to shoot.

Where would you guys stand on those 2 guns......
                                If you picked up a Benelli and a Beretta and the Beretta felt better, than there is your answer. It’s not like one is subpar when comparing those two. Whichever one naturally shoulders better, you will shoot better with.

Comment

Working...
                                X