At-Home Bow Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At-Home Bow Shop

Who all has a nice setup to work on their equipment at home? I’m looking into gathering everything up over the next year, vice, press, etc., and would love to see y’all’s setups and what you consider a “must” to have!

in for responses to this. I been thinking of the same thing.

Comment

I have a small reloading room, archery shop ( press, draw board ( boa) and a vice and stuff. But I would not call it “ nice”, but for sure gets the job done.

Comment

At-Home Bow Shop

I wouldn’t call it a bow shop, but I’ve got most everything I need to do whatever I need to do.

Being that I’m not on the press everyday or every week for that matter, I opted for the portable Bowmaster Press. I couldn’t justify spending $400+ for a real press. The Bowmaster works great for what I need to do.

I use my Tipton Gun Vise as my bow vise when I’m pressing it.

Pine Ridge Arrow Spinner

Arrow squaring tool

I use my dremmel to cut my shafts

Bitz jig

Built my own paper rack out of PVC for shooting through paper

Bow scale

About the last thing I need is an upright vise and a draw board. Draw board will be my next purchase, although I plan to build my own rather that buy one.

I also use the same area to do all my handloading, so I can’t really have everything set up permanently.

It’s usually more organized than this but actually fletched some arrows this evening and swapped some mods out on one of my bows so it’s a bit of a wreck.

Last edited by Sleepy; 01-07-2020, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I'm set up with just about everything but a press. I'd say an arrow saw/arrow building tools and basic tuning tools like, levels, serving tools and a center shot jig are a good place to start tinkering.

Comment

Must Have:
            Press - I use the Specialty Archery Pro Press with the Pro Draw, an excellent press; but, the 92safari, Bowaconstrictor is also nice as well as the EZ Green series.

Draw Board - Easy to make or add as an option for whatever press you buy, most press builders also have a draw board option for their press. You will need a good Bow Scale as well.

Bow Vise - I use the Ram Micro Adjust, but there are a lot of good, less expensive options, out there.

Arrow saw - Higher the speed the better, my Apple has been going for probably 20 years.

Fletching Jig - I use the Vane Master Pro and I also have a few of the AE EZ Fletch jigs. EZ Fletch is great butt hey only do one helical, can't adjust. Bitzinberg and Jojan are others that are good also, but hard to get repeatable results when adjusting; if you set them and leave them they are great.

Arrow Squaring Device - By Spot Hogg

Arrow Spinner - I think mine is Pine Ridge.

D-Loop jig is great to have for consistent D-Loop sizing.

String and Arrow levels

A set of cam shims for tuning.

String Stretcher - Easy to make and lets you re-serve the center serving for either replacing worn out serving or re-serving for the right size to match your nocks.

Serving Jig - Beiter or Bear Paw

Third Axis level - I use the Hamskea, works great at full draw.

D-Loop Pliers - I like the Easton pliers.

A truckload of Allen Keys.

Glue - I like the Tip Grip from Gold Tip.

This is what you will need to do all your tuning and make it fast and easy.

There are lot of other tools, like laser aligners for center shot (I use a caliper) and cam lean (I use a straight edge) that you don't expressly need, but make the whole process faster.

No images, but I'll get some tonight if I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
              Must Have:
              Press - I use the Specialty Archery Pro Press with the Pro Draw, an excellent press; but, the 92safari, Bowaconstrictor is also nice as well as the EZ Green series.

Draw Board - Easy to make or add as an option for whatever press you buy, most press builders also have a draw board option for their press. You will need a good Bow Scale as well.

Bow Vise - I use the Ram Micro Adjust, but there are a lot of good, less expensive options, out there.

Arrow saw - Higher the speed the better, my Apple has been going for probably 20 years.

Fletching Jig - I use the Vane Master Pro and I also have a few of the AE EZ Fletch jigs. EZ Fletch is great butt hey only do one helical, can't adjust. Bitzinberg and Jojan are others that are good also, but hard to get repeatable results when adjusting; if you set them and leave them they are great.

Arrow Squaring Device - By Spot Hogg

Arrow Spinner - I think mine is Pine Ridge.

D-Loop jig is great to have for consistent D-Loop sizing.

String and Arrow levels

A set of cam shims for tuning.

String Stretcher - Easy to make and lets you re-serve the center serving for either replacing worn out serving or re-serving for the right size to match your nocks.

Serving Jig - Beiter or Bear Paw

Third Axis level - I use the Hamskea, works great at full draw.

D-Loop Pliers - I like the Easton pliers.

A truckload of Allen Keys.

Glue - I like the Tip Grip from Gold Tip.

This is what you will need to do all your tuning and make it fast and easy.

There are lot of other tools, like laser aligners for center shot (I use a caliper) and cam lean (I use a straight edge) that you don't expressly need, but make the whole process faster.

No images, but I'll get some tonight if I remember.
              Heck yeah, a lot of good info.! Would love to see your setup if you remember!

Comment

Also, d-loop material/serving material. Companies to deal with? Stay away from?

Comment

BCY for D-loop material, stay away from D Braid unless you are using a hook or very good caliper.

Comment

Weird...
                    Le'me try and figure this out...

Comment

Following this one

Comment

I had a pretty complete shop and a 90 yards range in Arizona before I moved to Texas

Comment

Let's try this again.
                          Overview of my Bow Workshop/area...

Click image for larger version

Name:	jpg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	24604603

Comment

Bow Vise...
                            That orange triangle is the D-loop gauge, works great.
                            You can also see a few other tools like a serving jig and the levels I use.

I tuned a bow on Sunday, so this is how everything was left after that.

Name:	jpg (2).jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	24604604
                            Last edited by Rat; 01-10-2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Arrow work station, you can see a bit of the arrow saw in the background...

Name:	jpg (3).jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	24604605

Comment

Working...
                              X