Timing and draw length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing and draw length

We just had to adjust the Cam timing on my son’s bow. The tech turned the cables a few turns so that it would be in time. Does this have any impact on draw length? He feels like it is a longer draw length now. He is shooting a diamond edge.

Twisting/untwisting cable/string will somewhat change the draw length. On an Elite, twisting cables will increase the draw length, untwist cables will decrease draw length.

Comment

There is a relationship between string and cable length but it’s not 1:1. As a general rule of thumb for every three twists in or out of the cables add or take away one twist to the string. This keeps everything proportional to each other. As stated adding twists to the cables will slightly increase draw length taking away will shorten it slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, I think the tech that adjusted the timing did not consider the draw length change. The timing is good now but we need to shorten the draw a half inch.

Comment

Originally posted by 98ag View Post
          Thanks, I think the tech that adjusted the timing did not consider the draw length change. The timing is good now but we need to shorten the draw a half inch.
          A half inch is way more than "a few turns" in the cables. IF he really needs to move half an inch it was probably a tad too long to begin with and that extra little length from twisting the cables made it uncomfortably too long.

A half inch is going to require a mod/position change, easy enough to do.

Comment

Do you have the instructional manual that came with the bow? The draw length adjustment on the Edge is pretty simple by just following the directions in the manual. It has rotating modules on each cam that changes the draw lenght. If you have problems with rotating the mods just take it back to the tech and let him do it.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 98ag View Post
              We just had to adjust the Cam timing on my son’s bow. The tech turned the cables a few turns so that it would be in time. Does this have any impact on draw length? He feels like it is a longer draw length now. He is shooting a diamond edge.
              New on here
              Can someone help me reach out to find someone who might have a 28 or 28.5 in helium Right hand cam.

Comment

Working...
              X