Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Rests

Hey all,
    Been out of the archery game for a bit, but getting back in.

Are the normal players in arrow rests still the go to? Or has something new come out that I should take a look at?
    • QAD HDX
    • Ripcord
    • Limb Driver

Whisker biscuits

Comment

I really like my QAD, but i've only had a whisker biscuit and a Mathews downforce before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
        Whisker biscuits SUCK
        FIFY

Comment

Really depends on what you wanna spend. Rests go from $50 to 300 right now. QAD is prob the most popular brand right now.

Comment

Been bowhunting 40yrs this season and will only shoot a Whisker Biscuit for hunting on my compound bows. Its definitely ALWAYS good to go!
            Last edited by ShaBow; 12-10-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I switched from QAD to Hamskea about two years ago. I really like the Hamskea.

Comment

Ruttin,
                I hear a lot of good things about the Hamskea.

Comment

Similarly I just switched from QAD HDX to Trophy taker Smackdown pro. Love it so far, but my recommendation is to get something that is micro adjustable. Makes tuning so so much easier!

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran QADs on all my bows for years with no problems what so ever - hunting and 3D. A couple of years ago I switched to Hamskea and I couldn’t be happier. I noticed an immediate improvement in my groups after the switch.

Comment

I would say Limb Drive, Vapor Trail. Was a QAD guy for 10 years, but the limb drive is the way to go and super simple.

Comment

Best part about limbdriven rests is if the activation cord ever gets cut, you can replace it in the field. Timing is still fine. With cable driven rests like a QAD, no such luck.

Comment

Limbdriver pro v for me. But not the Gen 7, the older model.

Comment

QAD - Cable driven and you can lock the launcher up. If you like having the launcher locked up this is the rest for you, no limb driven rest will do this.

Ripcord - I dislike; I have seen more failures with the Ripcord than any other rest. The bearing and/or the lock/release mechanism is not very smooth and only seems to get worse over time and it will eventually get to the point where is doesn't fall at all.

Limb Driver - Still a great rest and the just released Gen 7x is both bottom limb activated and micro-tune.

Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro Click - Also a great rest and bottom limb activated with micro-tune. A really good rest for the money.

Hamskea Trinity Hunter - Bottom limb activated, micro-tune and adjustable launcher angle with several options for launchers. Probably the best built rest with three load bearing bearings for smooth launcher operation with almost zero deflection. Overbuilt? Yes, but worth every penny.

Whisker Biscuit V Max (or original) - Simple, light and will never fail to operate. Hard on fletchings but very consistent if you do your part. For a hunting rig where absolute dependability is required and distances are relatively short (out to 40 yards or so) you can't go wrong. Not as forgiving of shooting form errors as fall away rests; so if you plan on shooting foam for score there are better options.

AAE Pro Drop - Limb activated, micro-tune and uses a steel cable for the rest activation, very light, not very popular but a decent rest.

Comment

I have a axiom pulse x and have been happy with it so far. My old qad wouldn't fit on my new bow so I switched it up a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X