Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Ok,

Lets try this instead of looking in 2 or 3 different places.

Lets put the maps at the top of the page for quick reference.

I have never hunted out there but was involved in a rescue class one night out there. We saw a lot of hogs at night near and underneath the rail bridge on the road heading to Taylor.
    I would like to get in on some of the hunting one day if you have room in your groups

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      I have never hunted out there but was involved in a rescue class one night out there. We saw a lot of hogs at night near and underneath the rail bridge on the road heading to Taylor.
      I would like to get in on some of the hunting one day if you have room in your groups
      Anytime, let us know im sure that anyone would let you hook up with them.

Comment

maybe they can make this thread a (sticky)

Comment

great idea crod

Comment

Originally posted by trozy55 View Post
            great idea crod
            Thanks, but wasn't my idea.... it was BILLFROMFTWORTH' s idea. Good idea bill.

Comment

granger maps

Use the roman numeral checkpoints when describing locations, example. "I stuck a hog 200 yards W of checkpoint VI in area (gate) #7 last night, right up against the river".

Pecan Grove
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1pecan.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	23869579

Gate #4 AKA Willis Creek

Name:	4#gate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	23869580

Gate #6

Name:	6#.jpg
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	23869581

Gate #7

Name:	7 gate.jpg
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	23869582

webmaster, can you move this post to be the 2nd post in this thread? Thanks
              Last edited by NightStalker; 01-28-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

A little eye candy from granger, ended up sticking two the evening of january 17th, only recovered one, but fairly certain I got the second but blood trail went into some god awful stuff and wasn't worth the trouble for a stinkin pig.

Comment

What a beautiful sight!

Comment

What a beautiful sight!
                    not really, especially if your a farmer, I wish they would get seriously thinned out, they are nothing but destructive little bulldozers and encroach on the whitetails habitat.

Comment

Originally posted by BillfromFtWorth View Post
                      not really, especially if your a farmer, I wish they would get seriously thinned out, they are nothing but destructive little bulldozers and encroach on the whitetails habitat.
                      WOW you got pics of hogs during the day at Granger? I ran 2 even 3 cameras out there last year, over bait, under pecan trees, along rub lines, around wallows and never got pics of them during the day. Will you disclose the location?

Comment

Apparently a hog was taken today at Granger.... posted under the campfire threads. Don't know any details

Comment

WOW you got pics of hogs during the day at Granger? I ran 2 even 3 cameras out there last year, over bait, under pecan trees, along rub lines, around wallows and never got pics of them during the day. Will you disclose the location?
                          Yeah, I'm sure he'll loan you his trail cams as well
                          Last edited by boss bowman; 01-28-2009, 10:27 PM.

Comment

i cant believe no one went yesterday,perfect weather for hog hunting,especially around about 6 pm lol

Comment

LOL crod888, too many eyes on this forum, but I would say you need to re do your homework if your not getting pics/seeing of them during the day, I've got lots of daytime pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X