Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone still wearing/buying Redwing boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone still wearing/buying Redwing boots?

I've always wanted to get a custom pair of redwings. My dad was a big fan back in the day. Just not sure I want to spend the coin when their are cheaper options available.

My main concerns are I have feet issues (plantar fasciitis) and I walk like forrest gump so the outside of my shoes wear out very fast until the shoe/boot basically is unwearable because my foot is hanging over the side of the sole.

Anyone with "special feet" had experience with the Redwings and their warranty and resoling process?

Any other feedback on the custom fitted Redwings and their comfort and longetivity?

I have two pair not customs but a pair of the 6" Moc and a a pair of pecos that are basically brand new sitting in my closest. That's roughly $600 of boots that were the absolute hardest boot to break in (not sure they ever were)then I have ever owned. By the time I some what had them broke in the heels were already wore substantially because I walk goofy I guess and were already awkward. Personally they are just to **** hard to break in and when you do they are basically wore out looking work boots. When you find the perfect ones let me know because I have not found them either.

Comment

Wear them yes, everyday all day. Not custom though.

I tried alternative for a few years but went back. They are still worth it. (1178s)

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post

I tried alternative for a few years but went back. They are still worth it. (1178s)
        I concur. I heard the 1178 is going away though, so you better buy up another pair.

Comment

Are size 15 special? I've been wearing Red Wings for 40 years. Not the custom ones though. Red Wing is the only boot that will last me a year until I get another boot allowance here at work.

Comment

I wear them everyday everywhere I go, even hunting. I had them custom made because I needed 1/2" added to the sole on my right foot. Still great boots, last pair I had for 8 years and resoled them three times. Can't go wrong with Red Wing!

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Comment

I wear them daily, I purchase two pair at a time. Rotating seems to help them.

Comment

If possible go to a store and get fitted. I've been going to the same Red Wing store in Amarillo since 1994. I was impressed that they had a note card with with every purchase I had made since my first visit. Every time I go in they still measure my feed to make sure I am sized correctly.

Comment

I never owned a custom pair, but they are the best work boot I ever put on my feet!

Comment

I have a pair of 875's that i really wanted to like. I wore them almost everyday for a year and they're still not broken in well. As in they are hard as heck to get on and off plus not near as comfortable as i would like. Plus the soles are almost worn out. I hardly every wear them anymore as they are probably the least comfortable boots I have.

Comment

Heavy as hell

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post

Wear these every day best boot ever made in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                            I concur. I heard the 1178 is going away though, so you better buy up another pair.
                            Where did you hear this, that's horrifying news.

Comment

I second what Boss Buck said regarding rotating pairs, and have done so for the past 3-1/2yrs with both of my pairs of the 877 style boots. I also agree with the comments regarding the tough leather, but that is what has allowed the boots to hold up for so long, in my opinion. Once the soles are worn out which usually takes a little less than a year, I take them in to my local Redwing store. From there, they either send back to Redwing or a local boot repair place that re-soles, finishes, and re-laces for about $100. Turn-around time is usually 3-4 weeks. I should also add that I am on my feet 10+hrs/day in the construction industry walking over various terrains. I have tried other brands (Ariat, TwistedX, Double H) but Redwing has been the best for me by far.

Comment

Working...
                              X