• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Tbh couples wade trip!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    That would be a fun one!

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
      Had to grind all weekend on East Matty but ended up pretty solid. Got a quick evening wade in Friday and only managed 3 trout on the south shoreline.

Saturday we ended up a couple short of a 5 man limit, about 2/3rds caught on the south shoreline and the rest we caught along the north shoreline. Sun beat us down enough and we finally called it quits about 2.

This morning we hit the south shoreline again about 6:15. Another slow steady grind to get our 3 limits but we finished up about 10:30.

Nobody in our group caught a single undersize trout all weekend. All solid healthy fish with most in the 18” range and a two over 25 with the biggest being a 27-1/2” 8lber that was released for someone else to enjoy.
      Man I wish we had your luck. We fished POC this weekend and Friday evening caught 3 and they were all 18"+. We didn't plan on fishing Friday but my boat found a sandbar, so while we were waiting to get pulled off we snagged a couple. As luck would have it I was telling my buddy "There's a really big sandbar over here in this area.....found it!". In case anyone is wondering, the cut to go into the new beach area at Pass Cavallo (on the north side) is about 10 yards off the shoreline and the other side of it is just deep enough to cover your ankles. The water was so stirred up neither of us could see it and we were in a dang tower boat! Ate a little humble pie, drank a beer and called some friends to come pull us off.

Saturday was a grind. We didn't have our first fish until around 9:30 - 10. With the SW wind we thought Indianola may be a decent wade and there was bait stacked thick but we fished it for an hour with only two blowups. We moved to the matty shoreline around the cedars and it was the same. Didn't see a single person catch around us either. We decided to make a move and run to the J-Hook and fish inside the cut and between 10-11 we caught over 50 fish all on plastics but only 4 were legal. It was still fun but makes for a long day.

Comment

Meat haul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Two man limit from the other day

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
            Man I wish we had your luck. We fished POC this weekend and Friday evening caught 3 and they were all 18"+. We didn't plan on fishing Friday but my boat found a sandbar, so while we were waiting to get pulled off we snagged a couple. As luck would have it I was telling my buddy "There's a really big sandbar over here in this area.....found it!". In case anyone is wondering, the cut to go into the new beach area at Pass Cavallo (on the north side) is about 10 yards off the shoreline and the other side of it is just deep enough to cover your ankles. The water was so stirred up neither of us could see it and we were in a dang tower boat! Ate a little humble pie, drank a beer and called some friends to come pull us off.

Saturday was a grind. We didn't have our first fish until around 9:30 - 10. With the SW wind we thought Indianola may be a decent wade and there was bait stacked thick but we fished it for an hour with only two blowups. We moved to the matty shoreline around the cedars and it was the same. Didn't see a single person catch around us either. We decided to make a move and run to the J-Hook and fish inside the cut and between 10-11 we caught over 50 fish all on plastics but only 4 were legal. It was still fun but makes for a long day.

Made for a good photo opportunity.

Comment

You would have just got in the way with that filet knife , good times amigo! We'll do it again

Comment

Made for a good photo opportunity.
                I saw yall moving around Indianola area. I was in a white kayak around Hurricane Cut. I fished there Saturday morning and one small trout and one hardhead. Was crazy shallow all around over there and nothing was biting. Saw two good oversized reds surface in front of me but didn't get a strike from them. Did see an gar that would've been pushing 150 lbs or more.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                  I saw yall moving around Indianola area. I was in a white kayak around Hurricane Cut. I fished there Saturday morning and one small trout and one hardhead. Was crazy shallow all around over there and nothing was biting. Saw two good oversized reds surface in front of me but didn't get a strike from them. Did see an gar that would've been pushing 150 lbs or more.
                  I don't think I had ever seen that much bait up that way, we were sure it was going to be on....mother nature had different plans.

Comment

Tbh couples wade trip!!
                    We'd be up for that, though we don't normally venture East from our camp toward where yall fish and we normally sleep til noon... on second thought just post pics and we'll enjoy it vicariously through yall. lol

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                      We'd be up for that, though we don't normally venture East from our camp toward where yall fish and we normally sleep til noon... on second thought just post pics and we'll enjoy it vicariously through yall. lol
                      Evening wades are good. But, beer tastes better then and tends to wash paint off the skeg of my motor.

Comment

Evening wades are good. But, beer tastes better then and tends to wash paint off the skeg of my motor.

You have paint on your skeg??

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                          You have paint on your skeg??

Not since the metal license plate came

Comment

Not since the metal license plate came

I’m not sure they bothered painting my lower unit.

Comment

Tbh couples wade trip!!

In!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                I’m not sure they bothered painting my lower unit.

Mine is two tone, bottom 3” is silver but that’s all that hangs below the hull

Comment

Working...
                                X