No announcement yet.

Popping cork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corks with wires are the pits unless they use titanium wire. Stainless wire will kink at some point. Corks with the little tiny plastic beads don't have a loud enough click. Old school corks that you peg in place have no click, just the pop. I've caught many thousands of fish with them but I am here to tell you the newer style corks are a big step up.

Good corks are expensive but they will catch you more fish. They will call fish from a long way away and will often spark a bite from fish that are not active. Also good corks will hold up for many trips and a ton of fish. So while they may be $8 but it is money well spent.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
      Quality issues. They changed hands, got hard to come by and the knock offs are junk.

Ahhhh......makes sense. Thanks Glenn!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I used to like the Alameda's, but like mentioned earlier, the new knockoffs are junk. I still use occasionally. I really don't like any of the corks that slide on a wire. Just my preference.

That is why I like the Legends corks. When I give the line a good pull, I like it to make a good "gulp" sound like a redfish. For years I used the green and orange foam corks with the stick that held them in place. No rattles, but the scooped out top of the cork makes that gulping noise. To me, all the rattles work better for trout. Legends are made of hard plastic like the alameda , with bb's inside so they rattle as well.

Comment

If anyone wants bulk (4-6 corks or more) 4horseman deal, hit me up....I'll hook tbh members up with a better deal than you can find anywhere, I have them all on hand the moment.

Comment

Speck-A-Nater.

HAND MADE FISHING LURES SOFT PLASTIC LURES FISHING REELS FISHING RODS FISHING

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                If anyone wants bulk (4-6 corks or more) 4horseman deal, hit me up....I'll hook tbh members up with a better deal than you can find anywhere, I have them all on hand the moment.

PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post

These are legit!! Have had lots of success using em with soft plastics and live shrimp

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                    I checked out how they recommend rigging these corks... I have to admit I have never seen such a thing. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      I checked out how they recommend rigging these corks... I have to admit I have never seen such a thing. lol
                      Whoa!! Anybody rigged them like this?

I've also never seen that before.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        Seems like this would cause your bait/hook to get tangled on your mainline when you cast.

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
                          These are legit!! Have had lots of success using em with soft plastics and live shrimp

I think they are the best sounding most durable corks out there, especially if they are armor wrapped. Noting on the mkt sounds like them

Comment

When I used to guide, the cheapest you could find were the best. Here in Texas everyone seems to like the 3-4" heavy weighted popping corks. When I fished Hackberry the cheap un weighted popping corks about 1.5" long would out catch the big heavy ones. Tried it in Galveston and Sabine and they worked like a champ. You get more tangles if you have a weighted cork and a weight just above hook. Unweighted with small split shot above hook worked great.

Comment

Get with Mossback if you want some 4horseman corks! Great guy to deal with & great prices!

Comment

tagged

Comment

Working...
                                X