No announcement yet.

Wake Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a friend in Mo that gets a new 25 ski nautique every spring. I’ve run them all hard for many hours with no issue other than the large amount of gas they burn and the fact that the gas marina is about a 1/4 of a tank from his house one way. Not sure when they started making those 25’s but they have a ton of room and throw a great surf wake. I would think you could find one that is 5 or 6 years old pretty reasonably priced.

I saw a big heyday for the first time over Memorial Day weekend, looked cool but no clue of the actual quality or wake.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
      Ive got a 01 xstar that ive almost completely redone. Il sell it. Im at 25k firm. It literally looks like a new boat. When i say new everything. I mean new everything. Motor interior carpet all of it. A pickle fork look for a 05 and up xstar. Possibly a malibu mxz. Your gona be in the 60k range at that point. Im the original owner of mine.
      The Xstar is my favorite wake boat

Comment

INHO----- If you've ever owned lake front property...…….
        A wake boat, is your worst nightmare...………..
        Some lakes have even banned them....With good reason...……...

Comment

Big money!

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
            Look around for an MB. They are big in California but not here. We love ours and much more bang for buck
            They have been found out. Now you will find some 3-5yr old MB for 70-80k. They come just as loaded with a good reputation now

Comment

OP if you’re on FB or have someone that can follow for you get in the page Inboards Only Buy/Sell/Trade

Just about every combo will come up on there from 20k-150k+

Comment

This may be scatterbrained but here is my couple cents. I've ridden and competed since forever.

First- everyone I know that's had an opportunity to ride behind a heyday was not a fan. This input comes from riders with a lot of experience.

Second- if you have the funds go V drive. Way more room, easier to set up without ballast sacks sitting everywhere, and a better surf wave.

You need to ride with some other people if you can and establish if you're going to be a wakeboarder, surfer,barefooter. Or a booze cruise, tube, and surfer. They all do certain things better than others. And then you need to decide on a realistic budget to start narrowing in.

My favorite current boats are the Sangers. Big rampy wake, smooth landings. Good surfing.

Second is Malibu /Axis. I prefer axis honestly because its scaled back some. Little steeper wake, still a good landing zone.

Third would be Supra/moomba. Good solid wake, kind of in between on shape.

I've ridden behind most, the Sanger, Malibu and Supras you can still get a pretty small beginner wake out of them.

The new G series nautiques and X Stars the wake is unbelievable, but it's pretty intense even unloaded for a beginner.

G series and the new malibu the wake gets so big I can't see across to the other side on my kneeboard.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzy View Post
                  Just tried to send you a PM but you’re box is full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Cleared em’ out

Comment

Also, have a friend in Austin that would probably sell a clean V drive Nautique 210 somewhere in the 20-28k range.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Phone is acting up, any leads or pics please email me @ T.miller@kppetro.com

Comment

Thank you for y’all that have reached out, I think I got an idea now on what I’m looking for but still open to any and all suggestions before I start kicking tires . Thanks again for all the help

Comment

I am not an experienced boater. I have been looking at the Yamaha jet boats for a year or so because propellers scare the crap out of me (several friends w/ bad/tragic experiences...most of them as teens). I saw that Yamaha has a surf package for its newer boats. Does anyone have any experience with this? How is the skiing/wakeboarding/surfing behind a jet boat?

Comment

Originally posted by lawbu View Post
                            I am not an experienced boater. I have been looking at the Yamaha jet boats for a year or so because propellers scare the crap out of me (several friends w/ bad/tragic experiences...most of them as teens). I saw that Yamaha has a surf package for its newer boats. Does anyone have any experience with this? How is the skiing/wakeboarding/surfing behind a jet boat?
                            We have an '08 212X. I grew up with prop boats but my wife had family that had a tragic accident with a prop. For that reason, along with ease of maintenance, we went with the jet boat. We absolutely love it. It's not going to throw as good of a wake as the others listed above, but it is reliable as heck. Winterizing is a simple as lift boat our of water. Put 1/4 throttle for 5 seconds. Done. Plenty of speed (near 55 mph top end). It's quiet for just cruising around. It has the water bags to get a good wake. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with the Yamaha. It's a great family boat with good (not great) wake when you want it.

Edit: I would also add that I was a competitive skier in my younger days and still love to do it. This boat has a great wake for skiing. Kids today only want to surf or board and it is good for that as well. Some day I expect I will be pulling grand kids around on those blasted inflatable couches.
                            Last edited by Rush2Judge; 06-30-2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I own water front, love to fish, kayak, and enjoy swimming with my family in a safe environment. My mother also taught me if you don’t have anything good to say don’t say anything at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X