Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those Tacoma’s are awesome. I used one for six months at work and it was great. It was a stock 4x4 and it stayed between 17.5-19.5 on gas mileage. I drove all over driving 80mph.

Comment

? For those running the sr5 4x4 4runners? Have you off roadbed them much and how do they handle off road? Not looking to rack crawl stuff so considering an sr5 v the trd model. What say you folks??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        ? For those running the sr5 4x4 4runners? Have you off roadbed them much and how do they handle off road? Not looking to rack crawl stuff so considering an sr5 v the trd model. What say you folks??
        For what its worth- my old lifted taco was sr5, and I put that truck through stuff I thought it had no chance and never got it stuck.

4runner is a TRD and besides playing with the features I have never needed anything besides 4x4 and turn off traction control.

I did use sand mode at the beach and didn't get stuck, so guess it worked.

I do like having a locker in case I need it.

I don't offroad to break my stuff. But I like knowing I can get anywhere I want to hunt, and handle sketchy boat ramps.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
          For what its worth- my old lifted taco was sr5, and I put that truck through stuff I thought it had no chance and never got it stuck.

4runner is a TRD and besides playing with the features I have never needed anything besides 4x4 and turn off traction control.

I did use sand mode at the beach and didn't get stuck, so guess it worked.

I do like having a locker in case I need it.

I don't offroad to break my stuff. But I like knowing I can get anywhere I want to hunt, and handle sketchy boat ramps.

Thank you for the reply. I hear you on the locker and just think I might add one down the line if I ended up using the vehicle to off road to that extent I needed the locker. I just found a possible deal in an sr5 18 model with only 4500 miles.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I hear you on the locker and just think I might add one down the line if I ended up using the vehicle to off road to that extent I needed the locker. I just found a possible deal in an sr5 18 model with only 4500 miles.
            Jump on it. An open diff 4runner with good tires will go further than most people will ever need to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              Jump on it. An open diff 4runner with good tires will go further than most people will ever need to take it.

I am trying to jump on the deal now. Living 3 hours from nowhere blows!

Comment

Good luck. That's how we bought ours. 2016. Got it with like 12k miles 43k now.

Comment

Originally posted by DJames View Post
                  Got new kicks on the Taco yesterday.
                  [ATTACH]1007751[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]1007752[/ATTACH]
                  Just needs a bath now.
                  Just a fair warning. My wife has these wheels and if you dont put some temporary loctite or regularly tighten the long bolts that hold the cap on. It will come off one day while driving down the highway. Happened to two of hers, one was still hanging on by a bolt and its a pain trying to get more from the manufacturer

Comment

Ill second what he said. My 2ng gen tacoma was an SR5 and i took it everywhere. I now have a 2018 TRD OR 4runner and love it. Ive never had to use the crawl control or rear diff locker but its peace of mind. Its a great vehicle for offroad travel.

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
                      Ill second what he said. My 2ng gen tacoma was an SR5 and i took it everywhere. I now have a 2018 TRD OR 4runner and love it. Ive never had to use the crawl control or rear diff locker but its peace of mind. Its a great vehicle for offroad travel.
                      Thank you for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
                        Just a fair warning. My wife has these wheels and if you dont put some temporary loctite or regularly tighten the long bolts that hold the cap on. It will come off one day while driving down the highway. Happened to two of hers, one was still hanging on by a bolt and its a pain trying to get more from the manufacturer
                        Thanks for that information. You probably saved me some frustration!

Comment

Was a game changer for me.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          For those on the fence....those dang airbags were games changers this past weekend. No bed sag with 30 sacks of corn or a 16' pipe trailer loaded with 6,000 lbs of water over our rocky roads. Well worth the $300 investment after watching my buddies F-150STS sag bad with only 20 sacks earlier in the year. I'd imagine he'll have some coming his way soon. As long as I deer huntv where I need to haul feed or pull a boat, I will have a set on a half ton.
                          Here is my 2018 with a 3/2 kit, rear bags and cradles. I wanted a 2/1 but the dealer didn't charge for the kit or install so I figure I'll just upgrade UCA's once these ball joints wear out. I have Firestone Ride Rites and ran the valves up next to the gas cap, 2nd pic, behind the fuel door. I didn't use a T-Valve because of the air transfer issue and I air them up with a cheap compressor, $20 +/-, plugged in to the back of the console. Also, if you look at the lower mount you can see the Daystar Cradle. I didn't have cradles on my last truck and forgot to tell the guys before they put it up on the 2-post lift. They didn't rip but between seeing the weight of the rear end pulling on them, not remembering to let the air out or let them know to secure it was enough for me to put the cradles on this one. The 3rd pic is of the drivers side bag as it sits normally and the 5th pic is of the same side with the wheel in a rut to show how the bags look over the cradles when hanging.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Fed Ex man just dropped off some awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DJames View Post
                              Thanks for that information. You probably saved me some frustration!
                              No worries!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X