Hamskea rest ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamskea rest ???

I shoot a prime logic ct5. When I purchased the bow I set it up with a QAD ultrarest. I had it shooting bullet holes through paper in 4 shots. Groups a bareshaft and fletched to 20. Broadheads and field points group together out to 65. Fast forward to last week and I decided I wanted to upgrade to a hamskea hybrid hunter rest with microtune. I tried for a full day to tune this rest to no avail. I was unable to get a bullet hole in paper or broadheads to match field points at even 20. I unbolted the hamskea and reinstalled the QAD and the bow is back to shooting lights out. Anyone got any idea???

I'm not sure . I shoot a hamskea trinity and had the bow tuned with it in 10 shots or so.. my bow is in time and rest is set at factory center shot..
    Is your qad way out of factory specs to get bullet holes ? If so it may be a bow issue rather than a rest issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
      I'm not sure . I shoot a hamskea trinity and had the bow tuned with it in 10 shots or so.. my bow is in time and rest is set at factory center shot..
      Is your qad way out of factory specs to get bullet holes ? If so it may be a bow issue rather than a rest issue.
      No sir the QAD measures 13/16” centershot with arrow running through the Berger hole. I also put my bow on my draw board to check if I had a timing issue. Everything is in time. Bow is also back to grouping bareshaft and fletched at 20 just by reinstalling QAD. I’m stumped.
      Last edited by Geoff995; 03-22-2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Maybe someone more qualified than me will be able to help.. my bow shot better with the limb driven rest than it did with the qad ultra.. I'm interested to hear what the solution is.. good luck

Comment

Vanes may be making contact with the rest.I have an older 2005 Bowtech that I always had a whisker biscuit on it.I switched to the hybrid hunter and my inside vane is making contact with the whale tail.I just ordered some new Axis 5mm arrows and I’m going with a smaller vane to see if it changes anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipeliner1 View Post
            Vanes may be making contact with the rest.I have an older 2005 Bowtech that I always had a whisker biscuit on it.I switched to the hybrid hunter and my inside vane is making contact with the whale tail.I just ordered some new Axis 5mm arrows and I’m going with a smaller vane to see if it changes anything.
            X2 put some baby powder on the fletching and see if your getting contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipeliner1 View Post
              I had the same thought. I shot a few arrows sprayed down with foot powder. No contact. I shoot aae max stealth vanes. They’re really low profile.

Comment

If everything is set the same would lead me to believe contact with cables or rest. Keep us posted when you figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff995 View Post
                  I had the same thought. I shot a few arrows sprayed down with foot powder. No contact. I shoot aae max stealth vanes. They’re really low profile.
                  Those are the same vanes I ordered.

Comment

I had problems on my Logic as well.

Mine is tied to the axle, what would happen is the limb would over travel and stretch the spring out, then the rest would go out of time, not stay down at the shot and have bounce back.

I fixed it by putting a different spring, an actual spring, not that twisted piece of wire Hamskea calls a spring, and that has helped; I am looking for a more elegant solution but I just haven't had the time.

Spray the whole shaft, contact can be anywhere on the shaft, not just at the fletching.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                      I had problems on my Logic as well.

Mine is tied to the axle, what would happen is the limb would over travel and stretch the spring out, then the rest would go out of time, not stay down at the shot and have bounce back.

I fixed it by putting a different spring, an actual spring, not that twisted piece of wire Hamskea calls a spring, and that has helped; I am looking for a more elegant solution but I just haven't had the time.

Spray the whole shaft, contact can be anywhere on the shaft, not just at the fletching.
                      That is where I tied mine as well. I will more than likely stick with the QAD. In my mind if I had a tuning issue with the bow itself I would have the same flight issues with both rests. Would you agree?

Comment

Working...
                      X