Best Way to Try Different Releases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking about changing to a Carter Chocolate Addiction but I've never used one. The reason I was thinking about this one is because it sounds like it has the most adjust ability.
    I currently use a Fang 3, but I would like a lighter trigger. I have the lightest spring in it now.
    Anyone know where I could try different releases in the DFW area?
    Thanks for your time!

Carter - like mike release might be what you want

Comment

I think I would like to stick with a thumb release.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboe View Post
        I think I would like to stick with a thumb release.
        Try Cinnamon Creek...

As long as you are looking for and trying release aids with lots of options; look at the Stan Perfex. It has a lot of options out of the box for fitment and is a great release.

Comment

Thanks Rat, I will.

Comment

Give the Scott Sigma a whirl. I added a large Ex Okie brass knob and adjusted it to have minimal travel, and it shoots great.

To me, the Chocolate is way too thick and wasn’t very comfortable at all in my hands, but my hands are on the small side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
              Give the Scott Sigma a whirl. I added a large Ex Okie brass knob and adjusted it to have minimal travel, and it shoots great.

To me, the Chocolate is way too thick and wasn’t very comfortable at all in my hands, but my hands are on the small side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Thanks!
              So many options, I guess it just takes $$$

Comment

Good suggestions on different releases, but not sure how you would try them out. Is there a shop near where you live

Comment

You can search a few options here, too. https://popular.reviews/bow-release/
                  I've got my eyes on the Vapor 4, but with the lockdown, I'm gonna test it straight at home and eventually return it if it's not ok, don't really have any other option. Hope it helps, good day, man.

Comment

Quite a while back I put out a call on this site about wanting to try a back tension and within a week I had one in the mail. I played with it for a while and shipped it back to the gentleman.

It would be an interesting experiment to do something a little more organized like that here where we could start a release lending library of sorts. Try before you buy. I have a SH Wiseguy that I could loan out for a while if someone was interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                      Quite a while back I put out a call on this site about wanting to try a back tension and within a week I had one in the mail. I played with it for a while and shipped it back to the gentleman.

It would be an interesting experiment to do something a little more organized like that here where we could start a release lending library of sorts. Try before you buy. I have a SH Wiseguy that I could loan out for a while if someone was interested.
                      That's a good idea, I only have a Fang3, but would be willing to do the same.
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X