No announcement yet.

Archery technique issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lot's of good info on here already. Personally, I got TP really bad with a trigger release. I switched to a back tension release, but also started the "School of nock" series on youtube at the same time. Did exactly as Dudley said. My TP is basically gone with my back tension release, and a serious amount of practice using the correct form and techniques taught in school of nock. I shot at least 30 arrows every day last spring and summer fixing the issue.

Every once and a while, I put my trigger release on just to see if the TP has gone away. It hasn't. My brain has just become conditioned.

Long story short, the fix is usually time consuming, and painful. And what worked for myself is going to be different than what works for you.

Comment

I am going to be the outlier here...

What you have COULD be attributed to target panic but it could as easily be attributed to a high draw shoulder as well. If left uncorrected (high shoulder) it could certainly lead to target panic; but working on the mechanics, and getting them right, will get your brain back in sync with your shot process.

As others have said, this will require blank bailing while concentrating on the shoulders, especially the back shoulder, with NO SIGHT on the bow. You can only concentrate on one thing at a time, so the sight needs to be removed from the equation so you can concentrate on setting the shoulder and executing the shot.

Watch this video and pay particular attention to Will's shoulder and the notch it forms when his shoulder is on the correct position, set your phone up on a tripod and video yourself while you do this to get instant feedback.

I'm not saying it isn't target panic, and if it is AJ's stuff could certainly help (it has helped a lot of people) but I would look to mechanics first.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gexDLptcios"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gexDLptcios[/ame]

Comment

Working...
      X