Peep Verifier - Did I go to strong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peep Verifier - Did I go to strong?

Recently added the peep verifier and it made a huge difference in being able to clearly see pin but, the target is a little more blurry than I expected. I can still see it and I'm shooting great at 20 yards but, I worry what it'll look like from 30-60 yards.

I went with the #6. Those with the verifier, what has your experience been?
    Last edited by chongo; 02-16-2020, 02:34 PM.

I went with the 1/4" #5 and, like you, it helped tremendously. Are you shooting with both eyes open?

Comment

I shoot verifier peeps on all my setups, I’m 58 and it’s mad my shooting like I was 20 again.
      The trick is to split the difference between your pins and the target, and not get to strong of a lens and shoot with both eyes open. I’m on my 3rd season with them drilled everything I’ve shot at. and have to shoot different spots on the targets to keep from breaking arrows. Best thing I have put on my setup.
      Last edited by Hoytbowhunter; 02-16-2020, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
        Recently added the peep verifier and it made a huge difference in being able to clearly see pin but, the target is a little more blurry than I expected. I can still see it and I'm shooting great at 20 yards but, I worry what it'll look like from 30-60 yards.

I went with the #6. Those with the verifier, what has your experience been?
        Yes, if the target is too blurry you have too high a power of verifier lens, just drop down one power and see how it looks. As others have said, you want what looks good to you but most will end up with clearer pins and slightly blurry target. The extent of which is which is dictated by the power of the lens.

Comment

What I’ve noticed on my verifiers with the #5 verifier with the standard size peep housing the target was blurry. So I switch to the 5/16” xl with the #5, 2” housing in my sight & everything cleared up real nice. Now the peep housing is huge so it’s easier to clean the lens in the thing & shooting in low light & after dark is no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went with the larger peep housing (it's huge) but think I might need to try stepping down to a #5. I shoot a dovetail mount sight and have played with it a little moving in closer but, the target is still a little more blurry than I expected.

I'm going to give it a little more time to see if it's just something I have to get used to before changing things up.

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

I so need to get one of these. Cant shoot with my glasses on. Hope it can help.

Comment

I use a small #5, and shoot with my glasses on (near sighted). Key is to find a shop with the display kit, ask to borrow a set of sights/ sighted bow, and a target at a distance to determine what power clears pins without blurring target to an unacceptable level. Also real important to keep the glass clean, I use a cotton swab.

Comment

The cheaters i use are 1.75, for my peep I went with the 5/16 number 4 it works great.

Comment

Sounds like you are a little strong....although honestly I have never tried mine out past 25-30 yards so I have no idea. I used CCR's peep choice kit with several lens to pick the happy medium between the two....but again...I was doing it at 30 yards or less. I think I have a #4.

That thing was a game changer

Comment

I've been thinking about doing this since I've started wearing "cheaters" . I use 1.25 readers and use a regular 5/16 peep now. Pins are getting blurry. Any recommendations? Sorry if hijacking.

Comment

What I've noticed is ,with a #5, out to 40-50 yards my pin and target are pretty clear. Out past 50 ,although my pin is still clear, the target starts getting fuzzy. Don't really care because I don't shoot at critters past 25 so all is good. Getting older is a pain......

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
                          What I've noticed is ,with a #5, out to 40-50 yards my pin and target are pretty clear. Out past 50 ,although my pin is still clear, the target starts getting fuzzy. Don't really care because I don't shoot at critters past 25 so all is good. Getting older is a pain......
                          Thanks

Comment

If forced to choose...Is it better the pins are fuzzy or the target? I feel, without knowing a dang thing, that I would rather have the pins slightly fuzzy and the target clear as possible. The pins only being approx 3ft away from the eyes, a slightly fuzzy pin should be ok. Please educate me. I need to do something as these old eyes of mine are not helping my accuracy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
                              If forced to choose...Is it better the pins are fuzzy or the target? I feel, without knowing a dang thing, that I would rather have the pins slightly fuzzy and the target clear as possible. The pins only being approx 3ft away from the eyes, a slightly fuzzy pin should be ok. Please educate me. I need to do something as these old eyes of mine are not helping my accuracy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the pins sharper and the target can be slightly fuzzier. There is a happy medium in there

Comment

Working...
                              X