Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Sight

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
    Prefer single pin. As LF mentioned I set mine for 25 and I’m good out to 30 with a great sight picture.
    Gota go with you single,,,, rest are just confusion in heat of battle...

Comment

I use the Spot Hogg double pin scope, I liked it enough I converted both of mine from single pin to double with the double pointer; they work great.

99% of the time I use the top pin, but when I need it I have the bottom available.

Comment

I really love my Montana Black Gold Pro 3 pin slider.

Comment

What about the EZ V sight?

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
            What about the EZ V sight?
            Well built... not for me

I refuse ( and find it comical RF) does all these non needed steps to produce “more accurate arrows”... then put a sight on it that limits your accuracy to “kinda close”

Sight pic is too cluttered for me too

If interested in that type concept and short short shots and old pendulum sight would work better (imho)

Comment

I Just got back to a compound after over 20 years of no archery due to an injury. I used to use 1 or 2 pins and so much easier to find a target FAST. Instinct and practice distance were not an issue. My new bow (budget Diamond SB 1 but seems very well made)has the 5 pin Trophy Volt. Way too much stuff going on and makes it much slower for a quick shot which I will need for the hogs I am trying to find stalking. I like my crossbow but so heavy. So on a budget, I am also trying to learn options. I am reading pointers here. Thanks

Comment

Had a low cost Apex sight in the parts box. 3 pin and removed 1. Stripped a part so it is truly parts now. Nice try? So, I dropped 2 pins out of the way on my budget Trophy Volt. Now 3 in view area vs 5 and much easier to focus. Set @ 15, 20, and the 3rd has not been checked yet. May drop #3 to the corner also. 5 to 3 helped. May still go with a new site but money counts as unsure. Just another way to loose some pins. Push em out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  Well built... not for me

I refuse ( and find it comical RF) does all these non needed steps to produce “more accurate arrows”... then put a sight on it that limits your accuracy to “kinda close”

Sight pic is too cluttered for me too

If interested in that type concept and short short shots and old pendulum sight would work better (imho)
                  I shoot a React 5 pin and like it

I do like the concept of the EZV and the fact you don't need a range finder. I dont plan on shooting competition. I just want to kill stuff and I can see how the EZV could help with that.

All said, I am happy with my React and not spending money on a new one.

Comment

I switched this year from a black gold 4 pin slider to a fast Eddie double pin. I prefer the double pin over the 4 pin because of the less cluttered sight picture and also the ability for both pins to be the floater.

Comment

Well I think I decided on either a 3 pin or 5 pin after my last weekends mouflon ram hunt. I realized in the heat of the moment I don’t have time to range and adjust a sight. I barely had time to range, and in some cases not range at all. I took at ram at 43 yards(didn’t range
                      him but guessed) and realized that I relied on my 5 fixed pins throughout most of the hunt. Too often did I come up on a stalk and had ram on the move in front of me. I can’t imagine ranging and moving the pins. In fact I lost the opportunity to shoot two ewes after ranging them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I switched from a 3 pin to a 1 pin Axcel Accutouch and have been very pleased. I can shoot out to 25 yards on my first setting. Regardless of what sight you decide on, get something that illuminates. That's the one feature I don't have, and I've had a few instances where I really wish I did.

Comment

other than prodigy shooters, compound or recurve, long bows etc, the heat of the moment is 100% knowing the bow and instinct. Accuracy requires knowing the distance. And time to utilize that. So super cool we can do that with modern stuff mostly new to me so no tech talk, just common sense. That is why I want less up front. I am not good at all the calcs so let me do best I can and be responsible with what I choose to do. Less pins and practice works for my current skills. Just saying.

Comment

4 is my perfect number. 30,40,50,60

20-25 shoots right above the 30 pin

Comment

If you buy a 4 pin sight. will the 4th pin hit target at 50yds out of the box if you sight in the first pin at 20yds?

Comment

Originally posted by smende1 View Post
                                If you buy a 4 pin sight. will the 4th pin hit target at 50yds out of the box if you sight in the first pin at 20yds?
                                It will if you sight that pin in @ that distance

You can set them at whatever combination your mind can come up with

Comment

Working...
                                X