Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRXH 2020, Pitter Patter, Let's Get At'er!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Sneaky;14701539]This weather is looking good for slaying some onions!

And some Oyster Mushrooms, if the weather keeps wet. We need to find some garlic out there to harvest.

Comment

[quote=TheBeekeeper;14701702]
      Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
      This weather is looking good for slaying some onions!

And some Oyster Mushrooms, if the weather keeps wet. We need to find some garlic out there to harvest.
      Man I'm on a mushroom kick....I was hoping there might be some oyster shrooms out there. Some spots look really good for it.

Garlic is unlikely but onions are everywhere!

Comment

I've found pounds of Oysters at Granger recently. Always on Willow

Comment

Nice! I've seen those out there, didn't know if they were edible or not. I have a field guide coming today, I really want to get into mushroom hunting, I figure they cant wind you and run away lol

Comment

I'm looking forward to learning a few things from the foraging experts!
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
              FYI, I won’t be providing shuttle service this year. Boat is at a broker in Lago Vista.
              WHAAAAAT? How much do you want for that beauty, asking for a friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                There was a Meat and Potatoes hunt where you could bring food and people too feeble to survive GRXH shenanigans... not sure what happened to it though.
                We still do it, we just don't invite you!
                The Meat and Potato hunt is usually by roll call, if enough people want to do it, we do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post
                  Do we need to call to make reservations for the campground?
                  Yes, I'll take car of it on Wednesday, and let the gate keeper at Taylor know we are coming.

Last time I went out, New Years, I spent four days at primitive; I did call and leave a message at HQ but for some reason it didn't get through. When I arrived back at the boat ramp on the last day there were a bunch of Sherrif Deputies looking for us because my truck had been in the lot for four days. He said he was about to get a State Trooper helicopter in the air to look for us!

The gate keepers do a pretty good job of keeping an eye on things, I told her I would let her know as well next time. Not that we need to for GRXH, as they follow this thread, but I guess it doesn't hurt anything to over inform those that watch out for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                    We still do it, we just don't invite you!
                    The Meat and Potato hunt is usually by roll call, if enough people want to do it, we do it.
                    I can't really blame you for that...

I'm down if it happens this year.

Comment

Originally posted by rat View Post
                      whaaaaat? How much do you want for that beauty, asking for a friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                        Yes, I'll take car of it on Wednesday, and let the gate keeper at Taylor know we are coming.

Last time I went out, New Years, I spent four days at primitive; I did call and leave a message at HQ but for some reason it didn't get through. When I arrived back at the boat ramp on the last day there were a bunch of Sherrif Deputies looking for us because my truck had been in the lot for four days. He said he was about to get a State Trooper helicopter in the air to look for us!

The gate keepers do a pretty good job of keeping an eye on things, I told her I would let her know as well next time. Not that we need to for GRXH, as they follow this thread, but I guess it doesn't hurt anything to over inform those that watch out for us.

Sounds good. I’ll be out Thursday afternoon to Taylor park around 3:30 if anyone needs a boat ride then.

Comment

I'll trade you my boat plus 5k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                            I'll trade you my boat plus 5k.

I’m either selling it and paying some bills off or trading it in for a 2020 Lowe 1860 Pathfinder HD w/ 80 hp Jet.

Comment

I’m either selling it and paying some bills off or trading it in for a 2020 Lowe 1860 Pathfinder HD w/ 80 hp Jet.
                              Booo

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                                Booo

I don’t even know what kind of boat you have either.

Comment

Working...
                                X