"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Merry Christmas to all you pig seekers, stickers, and slayers. May your freezers be filled with pork in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HogStalker; 12-24-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Speedgoat; it hangs ready for sure.

Comment

Is trapping legal out at Granger? (Furbearers)

Comment

Originally posted by gsimmons2 View Post
          Is trapping legal out at Granger? (Furbearers)

No

Comment

I am going to pick up the food today for the Granger Ranger New Year Hunt.

If you want me to cook your food (breakfast and dinner) please make sure you get paid; the PayPal link is below, it's $45 per person.

https://paypal.me/pools/c/8l0TMTPWNl

Comment

Man I wish I could make it. Sounds like a blast

Comment

Rat, having fun out there? Was going to stop by after duck hunting this morning, but it was getting rough out there on the main lake.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                  Rat, having fun out there? Was going to stop by after duck hunting this morning, but it was getting rough out there on the main lake.

Any luck on birds this morning? I skunked hunting up the creek a bit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jtn379 View Post
                    Any luck on birds this morning? I skunked hunting up the creek a bit

Been **** since November 20th. Saw one freaking duck while going back to the dock.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                      Been **** since November 20th. Saw one freaking duck while going back to the dock.

Same here gunna wait till the next cold front and hit it again

Comment

Originally posted by jtn379 View Post
                        Same here gunna wait till the next cold front and hit it again

Pretty disappointing year. Only 14 bagged.

Comment

I stopped chasing hogs to stay out of the way of deer hunters. Area I like had several hunters. Now that is over the rookie is back. I know pigs are night goblins but we can not hunt night. I have baited and hunted daylight to 8 or 9 am with nada. walking miles to spook one up all hours (only one I have seen was walking). I am now trying evenings with bait (repeated same spot not just anywhere). I would estimate better chance evenings but if any seasoned folks want to chime in, Not asking where or how but would appreciate any opinions morn vs evening. Your chance to steer me wrong. Rookies deserve it. I much prefer am but want to fire up the pit so got to kill one.

Comment

hey everyone, just wanted to say hi. Been a lurker for a while now and trying to learn more about the sport. So hope to learn and maybe meet some cool people.

Comment

Originally posted by NeKro View Post
                              hey everyone, just wanted to say hi. Been a lurker for a while now and trying to learn more about the sport. So hope to learn and maybe meet some cool people.
                              Welcome sir. Glad to see more are getting into the sport and joining us at Granger. You just need a hunting license, annual public land license, and hunter orange to hunt out here. Deer are drawn and pigs you can hunt year round just not at night. There is no such thing as hog tags just fyi and a good place to start is around gate 7. If you have a way to get there hunting around the primitive camp is great too which is across the river from gate 7 and down a ways. Evenings are best imo. Good luck!

Comment

I headed to Granger Lake for the first time last weekend. Didn't see anything besides cows but the weather was amazing. Just out of curiosity, how are you guys hunting out there? Posting up in a natural blind or spot and stalk?
                                Last edited by l.valle41; 01-08-2020, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X