Kansas Giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas Giant

After 13 yrs of going to Kansas, My Dad finally killed a true giant. He is 83 yrs old and can hardly get around anymore, but he won’t miss a hunting trip. We had blind set up on a ridge that he could drive the 4-wheeler right up behind his pop-up. On the last morning while we were taking stands down, I told him to just sit tight until we got to him to take his stand down last. He called me just as I was getting to the truck to let me know he had shot a “pretty good 10”. So he said. His eyes aren’t what they used to be, so he didn’t realize exactly what he had shot. I told him to just hold tight for a little bit and we would be there in about 30 minutes to give him some time. We got there and asked where exactly the deer has been when he shot. No blood at the spot where he shot, but it was far down the trail that we began to find blood and it was quite a lot once it started. Both sides of the trail, so I knew it was good hit as it looked like it was spraying out of both sides. Not 40 yds down the trail we found him. He wasn’t quite dead yet, but he was down for good. Turns out, his crossbow bolt had broken both shoulders. He hit him a little forward, but it did the job. It took my Dad a while to walk down in the draw where we were with his deer. I told him to take his time, but he wasn’t going to believe what he had killed. He had killed the deer we called the drop tine buck. This deer had a huge drop tine when I first got pictures of him, but broke it off in Late October. This is by far his biggest deer ever. Kansas has been good to him a few times over the years, but never this good. Those deer will score just a little over 180 before he broke off the drop tine. I don’t know how many more seasons he has left, but this will definitely be one to remember. He is so excited and proud to have been able to kill this deer
    Attached Files

Good stuff man. Congrats to your dad

Comment

Awesome story - congrats to your dad

I would get the taxi to fix that point since you have such a great trail cam pic.

That deer his a hoss regardless though

Memories you’ll cherish forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good for him! Nice buck!

Comment

Awesome buck. Congrats

Comment

What a whopper!
            Congrats to your dad.

Comment

That’s awesome! What a stud!

Comment

Congratulations to you and your dad. That’s a great moment to remember forever!!

Comment

Congrats to your Dad on a great Buck!

Comment

Wow what a buck congrats to you sir.

Comment

The taxidermist will fix the broken point. I sent him several pictures from different angles so he could get it as close as possible

Comment

That’s awesome!

Congrats to your dad!

Comment

Congrats! Better late than never.��

Comment

Wow what a buck, congrats to your dad and you. I’ve been privileged enough to hunt Ks with my dad when he killed two of his biggest deer, didn’t know at the time but that was his last hunt, I will always cherish. Again congrats

Comment

That is AWESOME!!
                              Congratulations to your dad on a great buck and still getting after it.
                              I hope to still be able to hunt when I am 80.

Comment

Working...
                              X