Minority voters shifting away from anti-2A politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minority voters shifting away from anti-2A politics

Hoping y’all can help me find an article I know I read about how COVID and the Floyd protests have caused a spike in firearms sales to the point that many black and other minorities voters no longer identify with the anti-2A politics of the candidates they have traditionally supported. I can’t remember if it was NPR, Colton Noir, or where I read it, but it was very interesting. More than 3 million firearms have been sold in the past 6 months, many to first time gun owners , and many who are minorities. This election season will be vicious, and a new twist is that these new gun owners, many of whom support the Democratic candidate, will not identify with that candidate’s stance on gun control, and that could affect the election if the virus and protests are still going on.

I can’t remember where I read this, but if anyone has read the same thing or can help me find it, I would sure appreciate it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember thAt as well and I’ll try and find it for you.
    Trumps approval among blacks is 41% in a recent poll.........goes right along with that article I’m sure

Comment

The FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System set a record in June with 3.9 million background checks. The previous record of 3.7 million background checks was set in March.

Might be this one

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Thanks but it specifically mentioned the issue that the candidates these voters typically identify with now have a conflict and may not feel that the rhetoric represents their position on 2A. It was focused in n black voters but mentioned other minorities as well.

Comment

Dang, I’ll keep looking

Comment

I really don't think you need an article to look at this from a common sense angle...the NRA is already adding 1,000 new members every day since this started, even with the litigation issues.

First time gun buyers who may just never think they needed one and/or were once against have seen the light knowing the lawlessness & defunding LE is in full swing & said first timers are at an all time hi at any time in our history. Local gunshops cannot keep certain firearms in stock & ammo is also at an all time hi due to demand...just don't get complacent as the current dem ticket for potus is terrifying for the 2nd amendment.

Comment

A Rasmussen Reports survey shows likely voter support for gun control has dropped double digits since this time last year.

Comment

Support for more gun control is down from last year’s all-time high, and one-in-four voters with guns in their household have added one in the past six months.

Comment

I just hope all these first time gun owners have sense enough to go get properly trained on how to handle their new weapon, and practice with it. We sure don't need a big increase in accidental shootings because they didn't know what they were doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdc View Post
                    I just hope all these first time gun owners have sense enough to go get properly trained on how to handle their new weapon, and practice with it. We sure don't need a big increase in accidental shootings because they didn't know what they were doing.
                    They won’t. And I assure you there will be some accidental and unjustified shootings.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      just don't get complacent as the current dem ticket for potus is terrifying for the 2nd amendment.

Comment

Working...
                      X