Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different way to heat a tent..... Ur thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different way to heat a tent..... Ur thoughts?

Son and I just picked up a lease but will have to camp as well as our Dryden lease is roughing it as well.
    I’m having a tent company build me a wall tent that will mount into pipes that I will weld onto my trailer. It will be 10’6” long and stop just in front of the fenders on my trailer. Don’t want to use propane heater in tent because of carbon monoxide and there is no electricity at either camp. Had an idea and want your opinions....
    The trailer floor is steel so I was thinking if I put this propane heater under the trailer with the burners facing up about 8”-10” under the floor, would it heat the steel enough to provide warmth inside the tent or would that be a waste???

Just trying to come up with safe alternatives.

Your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you considered having the company building the tent putting a stove pipe vent in it? A wood burning stove would be great in it...

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      have you considered having the company building the tent with stove pipe vent in it?

It’s an option, but with limited space and 90% of the time, cool air will be wanted more than warm, I didn’t want to go that route.
      This “option” may only be needed once every 2-3 years, but want to be prepared when and if it is......safely.

Comment

Even if your floor was air tight you would still get carbon monoxide in the tent where the tarp roles over trailer floor, and you would probably forget and melt your feet to the floor.

Comment

I would by an inverter generator and a space heater.
          Or a window unit with heat and ac

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
            Even if your floor was air tight you would still get carbon monoxide in the tent where the tarp roles over trailer floor, and you would probably forget and melt your feet to the floor.

I was thinking the floor would be warm to medium warm and not melt hot. Don’t want to melt the paint....just heat the floor. The air circulation around and under the trailer should be plenty to dilute the monoxide.

I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
              It’s an option, but with limited space and 90% of the time, cool air will be wanted more than warm, I didn’t want to go that route.
              This “option” may only be needed once every 2-3 years, but want to be prepared when and if it is......safely.

Small generator and an electric heater would be my next suggestion...
              Last edited by Pedernal; 07-26-2020, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Big Buddy heater.

Comment

Originally posted by sports View Post
                  Big Buddy heater.

Isn’t that a carbon monoxide issue as well?

Comment

We use one in our conex container. They are rated as indoor safe. We leave a window cracked open for air flow. They also have a low oxygen shut off. We also have a CO2 alarm in addition to a smoke alarm in the conex. You should have no problem with air flow in your tent. We have also used the radiant heat type heaters You pictured in wall tents in colorado on many elk hunts and had no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by sports View Post
                      We use one in our conex container. They are rated as indoor safe. We leave a window cracked open for air flow. They also have a low oxygen shut off. We also have a CO2 alarm in addition to a smoke alarm in the conex. You should have no problem with air flow in your tent. We have also used the radiant heat type heaters You pictured in wall tents in colorado on many elk hunts and had no issues.

Thank you.

Comment

Big buddy heater. Has a safety shut off for co2. Crack and window and you will be fine. I had a small one in a 10 man tent and didn’t die. I was very warm. If you are worried about it though just get a small inverter generator and run a small space heater. Sorry but I don’t think your floor idea will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Small generator and 120 volt a/c with heat strip. Have tent company put a chute on it.

Comment

Barrel stove of sorts that can be removed if needed.

Comment

What a small kerosene heater?

Comment

Working...
                              X