Will Biden’s latest gaffe be his last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin View Post

I know a lot of Hispanic dudes of Mexican heritage that were born in the US that identify themselves as Mexican. What’s your beef here?

They identify as Mexicans but they are Americans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post

I know a lot of Hispanic dudes of Mexican heritage that were born in the US that identify themselves as Mexican. What’s your beef here?
      Well aren't they enlightened.
      I bet if they were about to get shipped back to Mexico for their allegiance they would have a change of heart on how they identify themselves.

Comment

Heritage

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
        Well aren't they enlightened.
        I bet if they were about to get shipped back to Mexico for their allegiance they would have a change of heart on how they identify themselves.
        First, you can’t get shipped back if you’re not from there.

Second, I think the misunderstanding here is the idea that the Hispanics in question have some allegiance to Mexico. When Hispanics refer to themselves as Mexicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, etc. they’re expressing a cultural identity, not a national one. Just like when white guys refer to themselves as German, Spanish, French, Italian, etc. They’re not expressing an allegiance. They’re claiming a culture/ethnicity.

I think that’s a big misconception in the United States. When Hispanics display a Mexican flag or southerners display a confederate one, they’re not expressing an allegiance to Mexico or the confederacy (respectively), they’re expressing a cultural identity.

Comment

Nope. Democrats don't like reality.

Comment

Working...
          X