No announcement yet.

Bow blind for the seriously cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This blind was a great idea. Here I am, setting back with a whiskey, warm as toast, waiting on something that needs killing..... What a great way to end the day.

Comment

Nothing beats the heck out of cold weather hunting as sitting in a warm blind with your goose down booties on sipping on an adult beverage. Just wait until the bottom falls out of the sky or there is a foot of snow on the ground and you will be glad you spent the extra time and effort to make it comfortable as you can.
      I spent the night in mine during both ice storms this year and have been in there thru numerous rains. I know people think I'm nuts for building my blinds like I do but they would re-think it if they ever hunted out of one of them.
      Good job on the build....it's an awesome blind and just remember.....there is no such thing as overkill!

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
        Nothing beats the heck out of cold weather hunting as sitting in a warm blind with your goose down booties on sipping on an adult beverage. Just wait until the bottom falls out of the sky or there is a foot of snow on the ground and you will be glad you spent the extra time and effort to make it comfortable as you can.
        I spent the night in mine during both ice storms this year and have been in there thru numerous rains. I know people think I'm nuts for building my blinds like I do but they would re-think it if they ever hunted out of one of them.
        Good job on the build....it's an awesome blind and just remember.....there is no such thing as overkill!
        I think I will do a build like yours at the ranch. I got just the place

Comment

I couldn't agree more! If I had a place of my own, the FIRST thing I would do is build a blind like yours.

I LOVE to crawl in the blind when it's 13 outside, fire up the heater and take my boots and coat off. Thermos of coffee in the am, other things in the pm. I bought a 12V coffee maker at the truck stop the other day, I'll be sure to let you gents know how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            I think I will do a build like yours at the ranch. I got just the place
            Congrats on the ranch! You just added 10 years to your life. I don't see a downside to building and enjoying some warm blinds. Especially when you are cold natured.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I couldn't agree more! If I had a place of my own, the FIRST thing I would do is build a blind like yours.

I LOVE to crawl in the blind when it's 13 outside, fire up the heater and take my boots and coat off. Thermos of coffee in the am, other things in the pm. I bought a 12V coffee maker at the truck stop the other day, I'll be sure to let you gents know how it works.
              Now your making me want to go hunting. I've seen your building skills and I'm pretty sure you could build one a lot better than mine.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Now your making me want to go hunting. I've seen your building skills and I'm pretty sure you could build one a lot better than mine.
                  I doubt that, but I sure hope to try some day.

Comment

very nice

Comment

I like it when people go the extra mile on a project. Very nice job.l

Comment

Just now saw this. Awsome!

Comment

fancy

Comment

I'm curious how this has held up 6 years later.. I am sure it looks the same as the day he built it. Awesome build

Comment

tagged

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Working...
                                X