WGO Outfitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WGO Outfitters

Anyone have any dealings with them? It’s waterfowl and game birds outfitters. They have land in Harris and Waller counties. Looking at possibly getting in on thier dove leases for this year.

WGO Outfitters

Dove can be hit or miss, a couple years ago we hammered the white wings for about 15 days. Some years it’s jam up the first couple of days and then slacks off, others it’s slow from the start. It’s typical hunting for the Houston area. If you want a south Texas hunt, you’ll need to go down there. If you want a place to drink a beer or two after work and shoot some doves and let your kids shoot a BB gun on a dove hunt, it’ll do. Hunting can also get good later in the season before a front rolls in. But you’ll need to scout and find birds.

There are 5 properties for the dove lease, 3 of which are the corn fields at Binford and 290. I have been on it for years and enjoy it. It’s a great way to get away during the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by marshhunter; 07-22-2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I saw their post the other day and was wondering the same thing. it be a good getaway when I cant make the run to south Texas.

Comment

I hunted there for several years. The corn fields mentioned above usually get pretty decent action until the cut corn that was left gets picked over or turned under which usually lasts for the first couple of weeks.

He used to have a goat week pasture off of 529 which wasn’t bad later in the season. The surrounding pastures at least used to have varied crops that the birds would start in and then fly into the goat weed for cover but I’m pretty sure this pasture sold the year I stopped hunting there.

Comment

Thanks y’all. I’m going Sunday afternoon to check the properties out if it isn’t pouring rain!

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
            Thanks y’all. I’m going Sunday afternoon to check the properties out if it isn’t pouring rain!
            Let us know what you think. I'm considering getting on this season as well.

Sent from my SM-A015AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
              Let us know what you think. I'm considering getting on this season as well.

Sent from my SM-A015AZ using Tapatalk
              x2

Comment

Well guys I didn’t make it today. I was actually on my way but got stuck in traffic on good ole I-10 for about an hour. I don’t know what the issue was whether it was an accident or road construction, I never made it that far. Once it became obvious I wasn’t gonna make it on time I messaged them and turned around. They are showing the area again Wednesday so I’ll try and make that one and give a report.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I live fairly close to the Kickapoo and Binford properties. As of Saturday morning, they still had standing corn. I was told by a buddy that has close connections with them, that they will most likely be cutting in the area this week and be finished with everything a few weeks before season (pending weather).

I was on their season lease for 5 years in a row but have taken the past couple years off due to my son being born. Overall, it was average for the area. Some years it was jam up for a few weeks after the opener and others it was "ehh". But as we all know, that's how hunting goes sometimes with migratory birds. With that said, I wouldn't hesitate to get on it again if I can free up some time and money.

Side note: their guided duck hunting has been good as well if you're into that.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieSportsman View Post
                      I live fairly close to the Kickapoo and Binford properties. As of Saturday morning, they still had standing corn. I was told by a buddy that has close connections with them, that they will most likely be cutting in the area this week and be finished with everything a few weeks before season (pending weather).

I was on their season lease for 5 years in a row but have taken the past couple years off due to my son being born. Overall, it was average for the area. Some years it was jam up for a few weeks after the opener and others it was "ehh". But as we all know, that's how hunting goes sometimes with migratory birds. With that said, I wouldn't hesitate to get on it again if I can free up some time and money.

Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by AggieSportsman View Post

Yes thank you for the info. And I do like to duck hunt.

Comment

I was able to get out there today and meet Justin and his dad and see the 5 fields they have set aside for dove hunting. They both seem like decent down to earth folks. They said they’ve been doing this since 1986 so they must be doing something right. the fields looked good. 3 of them had standing corn that’s due to be cut in a few weeks and The other 2 was a combination of goat weed and fallow. Several of them had small ponds and were interlaced with fence lines and tree lines. I went ahead and paid up and joined. For $200 I figured may as well give it a shot. I did talk to them a little about thier duck hunting and plan to book a few duck hunts with them.

Comment

good to hear. I may sign on next year when my daughter is older.

Comment

We had some pigeon shoots on the field closest to 290 a few years ago. I'm not sure we ever killed a dove. And the wardens came thru every single time we hunted

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X