TAMU Move-In Day on Sunday the 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAMU Move-In Day on Sunday the 18th

We are moving our son into Mosher Hall. We have received all the communications about parking, where my son picks up his Check-In packet, what not to bring, etc..
    We are bringing our own hand cart.

Questions for the parents who have survived this in the past, what should we expect when we arrive at 8am?
    Will the line at the Check-In Location be 2 miles long?
    Should we arrive before 8am to get in line at the Check-In Location?

Seems that the physical move in of my son's stuff should be simple enough. Just navigate the sidewalks and hallways with thousands of other parents.

Any nuggets of advice?

It's not bad.

Wear sun glasses

Move in is a little crazy but thins out. Just navigate like you say.

It may be a different trip but if it's also NSO
    Follow signs on where to park just remember huge signs that say "New Student Orientation Parking" and directing you around 10 empty parking lots to park in just one does NOT mean it's free. You have to buy a parking permit for the day. I saw every other car getting a ticket LOL I just got lucky we went out at the right time.

Comment

What's his major? That hall sounds familiar.

Comment

Engineering

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
          Engineering
          My son will be back on the 19th. He may have stayed in that hall also. If so it's a little bit of a walk but if you can snag a parking spot and have a cart it won't be bad.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the parking pass.

Comment

A great experience and congrats to your son. I have two returning to TAMU. A senior & a sophomore. Your son will get acclimated fast and will enjoy it. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                If so it's a little bit of a walk but if you can snag a parking spot and have a cart it won't be bad.
                I know that when we moved my daughter in 2 years ago (different dorm), the campus Barney Fife's weren't too gracious with parents parking in 'non-designated' parking spots.

Comment

My eldest spent his first year in that dorm and my second son spent a year a few doors down in Krueger. It is crazy crowded but manageable. I was most impressed by the many church groups that help out. We just pulled up to the front of the building (temporary unloading zone), threw all their stuff on the grass and then I went and parked. These groups grabbed everything in one load and hauled it up to their rooms. It was really awesome!

My eldest had since graduated and we just moved my 2nd back to ATM two weeks ago to begin grad school. It was nice to avoid the crowds.

Comment

Welcome to Aggieland. It will be hot, But everyone will be helpful an friendly. Congrats to you son an Gig Em!
                    My son gets his ring next month. Whoop!

Comment

I’ve got two there right now. A senior and junior. Move in seemed to go well as long as you’re patient. Lots of folks helping you get your kids goods to their room and very helpful staff. It’s still hard to say goodbye to them but empty nesting has been good so far.

Comment

I lived in mosher freshman year. Line down the street will be long. Best bet is to drop everything off close as possible on Bizzell street and go park. Drag everything up the hill on the east side to go to first floor or above. South side is basement at ground level. The entrance to the commons on the north side or the road on the south side are traffic nightmares. Good luck

Comment

We move my daughter in that day as well. She's going to be living off campus though. As an Aggie, I'm pretty excited for her!

Good luck

Comment

We did that on the 1st. It wasn’t bad. I did have to go to Specs for beer. To many mommas in the house.

Comment

Moving out son in on sat 1 block from the chicken st the domain at Northgate. He is excited, I am not. But it is the circle of life. Good luck with your son.

Comment

Working...
                              X