Alligator, seven years of waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    Guess I struck out yet again since I didn't have any email in any of my folders (I checked)

Good luck

BTW how is cubing the points supposed to help?

I have 13 for pronghorn. They give like 6 permits a year with 4-5K applicants. Stands to reason we all now have a ridiculous amount of points and about the same odds of being drawn?

Not sure cubing will help on those as much as the ones where multiple hunts are available and you focus on the ones you want instead of them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I will take all of the extra chances I can get, any way they want to give them

I still don't think I will live long enough to get drawn for the pronghorn but the stars could line up

Comment

If I'm lucky enough to get a gator, then what. Are they hard to process on your own? It's there normally a place down there to process them? Is it worth it to get the hide tanned?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
          If I'm lucky enough to get a gator, then what. Are they hard to process on your own? It's there normally a place down there to process them? Is it worth it to get the hide tanned?
          I used Porters in Anahuac. I know they aren’t close to that wma but if you are limited to places check them out. They do everything you can imagine.

Comment

Pretty sure the staff will coach you on cleaning, skinning etc.

As far as processors I would call the WMA you are drawn for and asking them. Pretty sure they will know of any local places

Looking forward to the report

Comment

We got drawn for Guadalupe also. Sounds like the majority of permits were drawn by TBH folks. Pretty cool.

Comment

There will be a guy down there waiting to pick them up and will clean them for $10/foot. Well worth the money.

Take the meat home, salt the skin and ship to Sebring in Florida for tanning.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  Guess I struck out yet again since I didn't have any email in any of my folders (I checked)

Good luck

BTW how is cubing the points supposed to help?

I have 13 for pronghorn. They give like 6 permits a year with 4-5K applicants. Stands to reason we all now have a ridiculous amount of points and about the same odds of being drawn?
                  If I don't draw exotic this year I'll have 16 next year
                  They're not that hard. I paid for our first one and me and my wife did the second on the tailgate. Theres a few videos on YouTube.

Power wash all the leftover fat etc off the hide, salt it and send it off for tanning. I used a place in Boone Iowa

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Choot em!!

Comment

I got JD Murphree. It's been 5 years since the last time that I was drawn.

Comment

Skeeters. Big Skeeters. I love that place. Good luck on your hunt

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                          There will be a guy down there waiting to pick them up and will clean them for $10/foot. Well worth the money.

Take the meat home, salt the skin and ship to Sebring in Florida for tanning.
                          Hope he's down there when I am, that sounds like a great deal.

Comment

hunt

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                            I got JD Murphree. It's been 5 years since the last time that I was drawn.
                            What date did you get? i am 15-16 there.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                              What date did you get? i am 15-16 there.
                              Same dates. See you there. We'll be in a Gator Tail.

Comment

If its the same skinner that was there last year, be prepared to wait and wait some more. He was doing it all by himself. We had our gators killed and weighed by 9am and didnt leave from down there till almost 4pm. And he only did one of ours.

I wont be using him again.

Take an old blanket to soak in water to cover your gators with if you plan on using him. I actually put 80lbs of ice in the bottom of my boat and put out gators on

Comment

Working...
                                X