Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pope and Young’s take on wireless trail cameras.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pope and Young’s take on wireless trail cameras.

[ATTACH]1013408[/ATTACH]

cant send a text message to someone on a stalk either. Everyone out west does it.

Rules aren't for hypocrites.

Comment

What if camera is set to transmit once a day and not immediately? I feel it’s still a gray area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DedDucks View Post
        What if camera is set to transmit once a day and not immediately? I feel it’s still a gray area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I read it to mean that if you receive a text/image and make an immediate move or change in what was the original plan, then it violates the fair chase clause. If you are just receiving the images and take no immediate action, you should be fine...

Comment

Fair chase means different things to different people. P&Y rightfully makes their own rules for their organization. As for me, I could’nt care less. I’ve shot a bunch of them and never considered turning one in. There are some it matters to and some it doesn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
            I read it to mean that if you receive a text/image and make an immediate move or change in what was the original plan, then it violates the fair chase clause. If you are just receiving the images and take no immediate action, you should be fine...
            If the text message wakes you up, so you can make the shot; is that going to be legal? That kind of would be a immediate change for me most mornings.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
              Fair chase means different things to different people. P&Y rightfully makes their own rules for their organization. As for me, I could’nt care less. I’ve shot a bunch of them and never considered turning one in. There are some it matters to and some it doesn’t.
              BINGO!

I don't have any P&Y critters to my knowledge but having my name in a book is not a priority to me either.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with their rule or their stance. Seems plenty fair and open minded to me.

-john

Comment

I'm good with their rules...I just don't send anything to them or support them . We get along just fine that way.

Nets are for fishing anyway...

Comment

I’m ok with that rule.

Can’t wait to hear about all the book animals folks have taken but never bothered to turn in.
                    Gonna be great.

Comment

^LOL stone cold killers here got so many they could start their own book

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                        ^LOL stone cold killers here got so many they could start their own book
                        I think you are misunderstanding. A lot of us don't need recognition from anyone for our success. "Our" success is granted from within. If you want to put your name/game animal in a book; great, but don't chastise those that don't want/need to.

I've got my own "measuring" stick and there's a lot more to it than numbers or inches

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                          You are correct. Their organization, they get to make the rules.

Comment

P&Y can make whatever rules they want, their sandbox. If you want to be recognized then go by their rules or lie about your entry. Personally I don't understand the need for validation from a club or organization, but hey, whatever.

Comment

I think they forgot to mention that baiting is also frowned upon.

Comment

Working...
                              X