X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't need traps. I have a leemo.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
      I have never tried that. Do you just go in the first gut and scoop?
      No, just walk with a headlamp.
      They are easy to spot at night.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        No, just walk with a headlamp.
        They are easy to spot at night.
        Cool, thank you. I will try it later this week and report back. How would a 20' drag net do?

SH

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
          Cool, thank you. I will try it later this week and report back. How would a 20' drag net do?

SH
          Jam up, and may get you jammed up .
          Not sure on Texas regs on those, but I wound up in some pretty deep doo-doo in Cameron, LA for filling up multiple ice chest while using one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            The Crabmaster is hard to find, I have been looking myself.

Regarding catching, I have a few neighbors, coworkers and buddies that have been killing them since May. I hate to say it for those posting numbers but they are catching 100-300 in a few hours here in Southeast Texas. They are in areas off the Neches, all within sight of the Rainbow Bridge and off the bank. One guy stops between 80-100 and that will take 2.5 hours. I have two others that only crab in the marshes via boat and they haul in the numbers. A group of 2 men and 5 kids, all under 10 caught 288 on afternoon. They drank a bit and thought they had about 100 but the kids hammered them, lol.

Also, all on chicken necks and string, no traps.
            I grew up in Groves and remember catching tons with my Dad near the Rainbow Bridge. That brought back some great memories.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              You can scoop a couple hundred a night out of the surf with a dipnet.
              No bait needed, just a good headlamp, and long handled net.
              Yep. Need a little water clarity and semi calm surf and can stack em up quick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X