Need help with pitcher edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    I don't ever remember seeing any deer in the area back then, but deer are plentiful there now. My dad used to take my brother and me squirrel hunting in the woods. I got my first gun, a bolt action .410 Mossberg back then. There is now a hunting preserve about a mile or two from where the house was:

My young aunts (now deceased) used to scare us with stories of black panthers in the woods at night! My grandad had a mean rooster that chased me once, jumped on my back and dug his spurs in! I also remember going into the watermelon field, hauling them out in a wooden, mule pulled wagon; then slicing one under a shade tree and eating it...wonderful memories!!!
    Good stuff! I remember my grandad filling me with stories about the Goat man and black panthers down hills lake road. Lol

Didn’t mean to derail the thread. Lol

I could talk for hours about places like this! Maybe a Longview/Tyler gtg is in order....

Comment

Used to pick peaches in Frogville about 15 to 20 years ago. The old man that had the orchard and garden kept it immaculate but he passed away and the place went to pieces. He had a beautiful place with some of the best peaches I have ever had.

Comment

Cool pic Randy! Maybe Rob could do something with it? I just asked on our group text if anybody could help.

Trip is right after Christmas this year. You need to come on!!! Garca will be wearing a Santa suit!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Anybody have a good photo edit program and willing to help me doctor this old photo of my maternal grandparents’ farm house in Oklahoma? We have very few pics, and this is the best one. The 100 ac farm was east of Grant near Shoals and Frogville and has been demolished for many years.

I enjoyed some great times there as s child! (No old fogey jokes! ) When my grandparents moved to Hugo in 1959 or 1960, my dad could have bought it for somewhere between $100-$200 per ac...but he had no need to own land in Oklahoma!

[ATTACH]968201[/ATTACH]
          Do you have a larger version? You'll have better luck with it if you do. If you have one, send it to me and I'll fix it up. caseymorris at texasbowhunter dot com

Comment

This might be a little better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BAE036AC-D3EA-4CB9-8EC0-887C3B3A9B84-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	454.2 KB
ID:	24588609

Comment

Neat picture Randy. Reminds of my grand parents house in Alabama. Really liked going to visit.

Comment

Here's the best I could do. Not a lot of resolution to work with.
                Attached Files

Comment

Did that house have a sleeping porch on the back? My mom used to tell how when when she just a kid, her parents had a house with a sleeping porch. One of the older ranch houses out here has one. I think a second house may have an even larger version.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                    Good stuff! I remember my grandad filling me with stories about the Goat man and black panthers down hills lake road. Lol

Didn’t mean to derail the thread. Lol

I could talk for hours about places like this! Maybe a Longview/Tyler gtg is in order....
                    We should have a GTG.

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                    Do you have a larger version? You'll have better luck with it if you do. If you have one, send it to me and I'll fix it up. caseymorris at texasbowhunter dot com
                    What I sent was an iPhone pic of an old picture that was probably taken with a box camera. Let me see if I can scan the picture and send you that.

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                    This might be a little better.

[ATTACH]968332[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks! I will still try to get a larger one to you.

Comment

Am I the only one seeing a face in the top pane of the front window on the left elevation?

Comment

Working...
                      X