Need help with pitcher edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with pitcher edit

Anybody have a good photo edit program and willing to help me doctor this old photo of my maternal grandparents’ farm house in Oklahoma? We have very few pics, and this is the best one. The 100 ac farm was east of Grant near Shoals and Frogville and has been demolished for many years.

I enjoyed some great times there as s child! (No old fogey jokes! ) When my grandparents moved to Hugo in 1959 or 1960, my dad could have bought it for somewhere between $100-$200 per ac...but he had no need to own land in Oklahoma!

Click image for larger version

Name:	BAE036AC-D3EA-4CB9-8EC0-887C3B3A9B84.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	25186207

No help, but that is a dang good idea. Makes me want to do some with some old photos I have of family properties. Will be interested to see what can be done with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is a thread from 2011 by BoB of a huge buck killed not far from this farm. Dadgummit, dad, why didn't you buy this place???

Scroll down on this thread for the buck picture:

Comment

That's a great "pitcher" from the 1800s!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I can't help you with what you want to do. I love to see old houses and the design and architecture. Some of it is really cool and some of it makes you wonder why it was designed/built like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Here is a thread from 2011 by BoB of a huge buck killed not far from this farm. Dadgummit, dad, why didn't you buy this place???

Scroll down on this thread for the buck picture:

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=209146
          Good GOSH! What a buck!

Bump for ya Randy. Sometimes memories are all we have left of the best of times.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
            That's a great "pitcher" from the 1800s!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I can't help you with what you want to do. I love to see old houses and the design and architecture. Some of it is really cool and some of it makes you wonder why it was designed/built like that.
            The house had electricity but no plumbing. We took baths in a washtub with well water warmed on the coal oil stove. Several people bathed in the same bathwater! Everybody wanted to be the first one to bath! The heat during the winter came from a single wood-burning box stove in the living room. The other rooms were cold, and we slept on feather mattresses under multiple quilts so heavy that once you were under them, you could barely turn over! The outhouse was the furthest building from the house, just past the chicken house. I would NOT go to the outhouse at night, afraid of the chicken snakes. I swear, they were as big as pythons!!! Some great memories! That front porch concrete block/step is now in my back yard.
            Last edited by Burnadell; 08-14-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I love hearing stories about old home places like this! Did you ever get to hunt the place, Burnadell?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                I love hearing stories about old home places like this! Did you ever get to hunt the place, Burnadell?

I don't ever remember seeing any deer in the area back then, but deer are plentiful there now. My dad used to take my brother and me squirrel hunting in the woods. I got my first gun, a bolt action .410 Mossberg back then. There is now a hunting preserve about a mile or two from where the house was:

My young aunts (now deceased) used to scare us with stories of black panthers in the woods at night! My grandad had a mean rooster that chased me once, jumped on my back and dug his spurs in! I also remember going into the watermelon field, hauling them out in a wooden, mule pulled wagon; then slicing one under a shade tree and eating it...wonderful memories!!!

Comment

Great memories, thanks for sharing. I’m sure $200 was a lot of money back then.

Comment

One of my best buddies lives in Frogville. His wife's family has lived there for ever. Good luck with the pitcher!!

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                      Great memories, thanks for sharing. I’m sure $200 was a lot of money back then.
                      It was for my parents!

Comment

None of you photography guys can help a little old man out?

Comment

I was waiting to see a baseball PITCHER in action

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            I was waiting to see a baseball PITCHER in action
                            One does not edit a baseball pitcher; one coaches them. However, one can edit a pitcher of a baseball.

Comment

A bump for a grump...................

Comment

Working...
                              X