Deer Season Pranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
    I always wanted to sneak one of those motion sensor activated Halloween toys out to a trail I knew they’d be using on the way in. Like one of those big witches with the wart on her nose. I never had the heart to do it though. The potential ***** whippin afterwards would have so been worth it, but I was too worried they’d have an actual heart attack.

Before I got to the last line I was thinking this right here is the reason I do cardio. That'd give me a heart attack!

Comment

I can’t take credit, but I knew a ranch hand with a sense of humor. He used to trap pigs and paint them crazy colors like neon pink and lime green. Well, this one fellow who used to come out as a pretty regular guest but was pretty much of a tinhorn like to have a heart attack when that bright pink pig ran out in front of him.

Comment

Put a note in another hunter's blind. He was concerned about some new neighbors hunting and crossing the fence.

John,

Thank you for letting me hunt your blind. I shot a nice 10 point. Call you later.

Julio

Comment

I taped a two way radio to a tree behind my hunting buddies tree stand. I could see him from the ranch road with my binos. He got up for the afternoon hunt got settled in and then I would buck grunt into the radio. Had him an edge for that whole hunt. He must have garbed his bow to get ready 20 times. I was laughing my *** off. What a show it was. Right before dark I came on the radio grunted a few times and then asked him if he has see any hot does running around. He was so ****** at me but got over it and we laugh about it now.

Comment

Put an "It took Obama to get Bin Laden" bumper sticker on a guys deer feeder.

Comment

Had this guy on lease that ate everything in sight and never brought anything to camp. Had some of those jerky looking dog treats, like a lot of them, half a large zip lock full. Threw them on the table at camp and told everyone else what was up. By the end of the weekend he had finished the bag. Every time he would get one and be eating on it we would be dying laughing. I am sure he thought we had lost our minds. We never saw the need to tell him. We always joked about would be funny if he started circling his bunk before he laid down!! Good times unless you that guy.

Comment

I can neither confirm or deny I was a part of these pics.
                Attached Files

Comment

Back in at he early 80’s, my dad was given a full mount mul deer buck, which was tattered and mildewed. We hunter a timber company lease near Jefferson, where you had to drive down a gravel road to get to camp. We set it up on a curve just outside camp, in a safe direction. Opening weekend was hilarious at how many guys skidded to a stop and shot that poor thing. One guy put 4 rounds in it, before he realized it was fake.

Comment

My granddaughter and I were driving the 5 hours to our Hill Country lease one afternoon when she looked at her phone and said “uncle Jeff is hunting the fence stand right now.” And she showed me on her phone on a “find friends” ap. I grinned and told her to call him.
                    “Hey Jeff., I said. “Alissa has this new ap on her phone that shows real time locations. This thing is neat. We can see the stand you are in and there are several deer approaching the stand from behind you. Get ready. One has horns.” And I hung up. Of course we couldn’t see deer but he thought we could and craned his neck and got excited. His response when We saw him later was, “Arseholes.”

Comment

We filled an Atascosa tower blind full of balloons on a guy once. You could only imagine the noise those balloons were making when the popped on mesquite thorns

Comment

My best deer hunting prank took place at Lake Pat Mayse. Me and my two bother in laws were there deer hunting. We had my boat there to access remote areas of the lake. The second night there, after one of my BIL's went to sleep, we reset his alarm clock so that he woke up at 2:00am thinking it was 5:00am. He got up and brushed his teeth and got ready while me and my other BIL continued to partake in adult beverages. We then took him to his stand and left him there. We motored down the shoreline a few hundred yards and waited. Took him a while to figure it out. By that time, it was daylight and we all went to bed. haha

Comment

Somebody on our lease wired a guys horn up to his road feeder switch so as soon as he turned on the feeder, the horn would start blowing.
                          I never heard what the outcome was.

Comment

Some of these are pure greatness! I love it!

Comment

We once shot a big mature management 8 point that scored 100". We basically caped his head down far enough that we could cut the horns off, stuck a 200" replica in the hole and sewed him back up. Took some pretty convincing pictures, and sent it to our high fence neighbor. We did all this after describing a deer we saw inside his place while driving to one of our stands that looked IDENTICAL to the replica. It was prank that went the entire deer season. We finally let him hold the horns the last weekend of the season. It was a very successful prank!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                                We once shot a big mature management 8 point that scored 100". We basically caped his head down far enough that we could cut the horns off, stuck a 200" replica in the hole and sewed him back up. Took some pretty convincing pictures, and sent it to our high fence neighbor. We did all this after describing a deer we saw inside his place while driving to one of our stands that looked IDENTICAL to the replica. It was prank that went the entire deer season. We finally let him hold the horns the last weekend of the season. It was a very successful prank!
                                This was well thought out and executed. Laughing just thinking about it. You caused him some significant mental stress I'm sure. I'd like to see that LDP.

Comment

Working...
                                X