Our new play ground - Pittsburg Co, OK on Eufaula Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our new play ground - Pittsburg Co, OK on Eufaula Lake

Picking up from the old thread - She said yes!

Well, she changed her mind when we started driving down dirt roads from here to Oklahoma on weekends. Not a mall or salon in sight. So we regrouped and started looking for just a retreat. My Bride had one request, water or river frontage. This really limited my search. From the Frio to the Canadians we searched. My budget went way down due to staying in Dallas for now. I think I got a great place for the money.

This 80 acres came up last week, and I was there in hours with boots on the ground. Its smaller than I wanted, but hunts big due to access points. We also get all the corp land to play on. I am not new to this , for years I ran a boat up Texoma and hunted corp.

The drive there was beautiful! No trailer parks or junk houses to be seen from home to the gates.

It has lake front access in a great area with hunt-able corp land on all the banks you can see.

At first it appears it will be a crowed area someday. There is an abandoned housing development on the south fence line. Its about 200 acres that has all the utilities and roads in. Only one house was built 4 years ago, then the developer passed away. The family is now selling it off, including this 80 acres. I tried to buy all the lots that border this place, but they refuse to sell. They want to sell the whole development someday as one piece. Maybe I can buy it then or at least deal with new developer for some lots I want. I will buy at least one cheap lot in there somewhere so I can be on the HOA board and help insure, no hunting That development does currently have and HOA in place now - NO HUNTING. Most lots are larger than an acre and a lot of green space through out. These will be large homes spread out, someday but not soon.

There is another development to the North 1 mile that turned me away at first from Google earth view. Its called Carlton's Landing.

Carlton Landing is a resort-style community located on the shores of Lake Eufaula in Eastern Oklahoma. Come visit for a weekend or make it home!

Well I was surprised how nice it was. It too has HOA rules, no hunting. The drive in Carlton Landing is incredible! Its a very large track with great roads winding through. Has a restaurant, bar, boat docks, and several airbnbs in it. This could be a place to have friends nearby when we do retire.

Now to the 80 (working on a name), has water and electric at the gates. Three stock tanks, and again the lake!

I saw deer sign the minute I steeped out of the truck. Its a lot thicker than I expected too. I walked about 30% of it when I knew this was the place. There are some great areas to build a house that will overlook the lake and not see either development.

The only road in, is on the west border. Its a private road and has gates. The road is actually on this property. I can lock the gates and give the code/ key to oil guys that access the property to the north via this easement road. It once was a county road and its in great shape. There are no interior roads on the 80, bummer. I will need a dozer soon to cut a path to the lake.

I visited with the Warden for a while as well. He said very quite area and never gets any calls. Said most poachers stay closer to the WMA and bottoms. He also said he has seen some monsters in this immediate area. Says a 234" was killed within 1 mile last year.

The Lake - I researched and Yes I can put in a boat dock too per Tulsa water District and Corp! Word is the crappie is great in this area. Ducks, Deer, and Fish!

Here is a link to the property listing. My first reaction was nah, but then after seeing it and putting together all the pieces, I think we can grow some great neighborhood bucks! I saw very little pig sign, but they are there.

I will post some pics next, the lake is 8 feet up. Looking at google when its normal the banks are very beach like. The water is red in the listing due to heavy rains. It was clearing up last Sunday. Should get back to blue in the summer.

We are very thankful and praise God for permitting this for us!

Cheers, live thread coming after we close!

Sean

awesome good luck.

Comment

Map is crap, I will work on a better one.
      Attached Files

Comment

Eufaula is full of crappie! But you won't catch anything like the size of fish at Fork!! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good!!

Comment

Congratulations

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! Congrats!

Comment

Longtown is a rough area. Surprised the game warden said it was a slow place for calls. I grew up running around there. It is beautiful when you aren’t next to the trailer trash (and I live in a trailer). Some good deer around there for sure. Good luck man, I hope it works out great for y’all.

I grew up jumping off the piney cliffs right next to ya. Noodling there too. Save your sand Bass heads and tails as they are legal for catfish in OK and they can’t resist them!

Comment

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
                  Longtown is a rough area. Surprised the game warden said it was a slow place for calls. I grew up running around there. It is beautiful when you aren’t next to the trailer trash (and I live in a trailer). Some good deer around there for sure. Good luck man, I hope it works out great for y’all.

I grew up jumping off the piney cliffs right next to ya. Noodling there too. Save your sand Bass heads and tails as they are legal for catfish in OK and they can’t resist them!
                  Thanks, what years did you run around there?

Comment

Congrats man.

Comment

90s-2000s.

Great deer around. Crappy locals though. Lock stuff up. Not trying to be a Debbie downer man. I love that lake.

Comment

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
                        90s-2000s.

Great deer around. Crappy locals though. Lock stuff up. Not trying to be a Debbie downer man. I love that lake.
                        I drove all areas around it and was clean. I see a park on the north end that may be no good.

Have you been there lately and seen the Carltons development? Very nice and they own 90% land around me, thousands of acres.

Always going to be some issues no matter where I go. I will be locking those gates for sure.

Comment

Sounds and looks like a great place
                          Congratulations

Who knows maybe you’ll be able to convince the wife to there

Comment

Drove through Longtown this weekend for a funeral but not in your area. I will say you are in the better part of Longtown.

Comment

Congrats on the new place? As the crow flies you are about nine miles from our place. Good to have another TBHr in the area.

When is your closing date? Also, what are the immediate plans for the place?

Comment

Working...
                              X