Tree help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree help

My tree has been doing this for a few years now, I’ve bought a few different sprays for it and nothing seems to help. It’ll look good for a few month then this happens clears up then again. I’m about to have it pulled out and replaced with a Oak. I’m not too sure what kind of tree it is but I’m leaning towards a Ash? What can I do to get it cleared up? Thanks for your time.
    Attached Files

Is that an ash tree?

Comment

Sackett is the man on this

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fairly certain it's Leaf Spot Anthracnose. To be positive, you can take some cuttings/samples and send them in a zip lock or vacuum sealed bag to Texas ATM Plant Diagnostic Lab (https://plantclinic.tamu.edu/). The cost is minimal.

For treatment, start this coming February with a systemic fungicide. Apply per label instructions based on tree size, then re-apply in May then again in August. You can also use a topical spray fungicide but I'd stay away from copper products.

Can you take some pictures of the entire yard? Do you have irrigation? If so, you may be over-watering. What is your soil type (sandy, clay,.loam, etc...)?
        Last edited by Sackett; 11-28-2021, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          Fairly certain it's Leaf Spot Anthracnose. To be positive, you can take some cuttings/samples and send them in a zip lock or vacuum sealed bag to Texas ATM Plant Diagnostic Lab (https://plantclinic.tamu.edu/). The cost is minimal.

For treatment, start this coming February with a systemic fungicide. Apply per label instructions based on tree size, then re-apply in May then again in August. You can also use a topical spray fungicide but I'd stay away from copper products.

Can you take some pictures of the entire yard? Do you have irrigation? If so, you may be over-watering. What is your soil type (sandy, clay,.loam, etc...)?
          I'm telling you I am more and more amazed at the power of staying at a Holiday Inn Express.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post

I’ll take a pic tomorrow and definitely not over watering lol haven’t watered in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              I'm telling you I am more and more amazed at the power of staying at a Holiday Inn Express.
              Lol, with a 7 week old Blue Lacy pup now in the house, I'm considering moving to a Holiday Inn Express for a week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                I’ll take a pic tomorrow and definitely not over watering lol haven’t watered in awhile.
                "Over-watering" doesn't have to be "recent" or from irrigation. It could be a low spot in the yard that holds moisture from heavy rains, especially of you have clay soil

Comment

Working...
                X