Had to pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to pass

Passed on 2 bucks this morning. They never came inside 20 yards. Kept Out between 23 to 25. Just a bit too far for me. I've self imposed a 20 yard limit cause I never want to wound another deer.

My accuracy suffers past 20. Seems to be an eyesight problem. Have to get that fixed and get my confidence up for 25 yard shots.

Dang it! They were a couple of studs.

Good call, they’re pretty good at jumping the string after around 15 yds. I had 3 doe at mine last evening. Never presented a clear shot…

Comment

Or, just don’t take 25yd shots at all!!!

Might be ok for some guys, but the risk is too high for me to do it on anything smaller than an elk sized critter.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
        Passed on 2 bucks this morning. They never came inside 20 yards. Kept Out between 23 to 25. Just a bit too far for me. I've self imposed a 20 yard limit cause I never want to wound another deer.

My accuracy suffers past 20. Seems to be an eyesight problem. Have to get that fixed and get my confidence up for 25 yard shots.

Dang it! They were a couple of studs.
        I've started putting my readers on when I'm ready to shoot so I can see my pin as a dot and not a blurry spot the size of a pencil eraser.
        I had an idea the other day of a peep sight with a lens in it that you could interchange with different strengths so I wouldn’t have to use my readers. Opinions from the green screen on whether this is a valid idea? If anyone wants to take it an make millions I'm ok with that. I only want a free prototype when it available.[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          Or, just don’t take 25yd shots at all!!!

Might be ok for some guys, but the risk is too high for me to do it on anything smaller than an elk sized critter.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          I'd add mule deer and some of the other mountain critters to the list of animals that I'd take that shot on. Seems like rocky mountain western animals don't string jump near as much.

And you're very rarely getting shorter shots than that unless the terrain is ideal.

Comment

IMO ( and extremely limited experience ) 20 yards is a long shot on a Texas whitetail.

I’ve had scenarios at 17-18 yards and those seemed like the upper end of my comfort level.

Now on a target for whatever reason 20 yards isn’t that far.

Comment

Had spike hanging at 10 yards for the last 1/2 hour. Should have taken him. But was using him for a decoy. Didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                I've started putting my readers on when I'm ready to shoot so I can see my pin as a dot and not a blurry spot the size of a pencil eraser.
                I had an idea the other day of a peep sight with a lens in it that you could interchange with different strengths so I wouldn’t have to use my readers. Opinions from the green screen on whether this is a valid idea? If anyone wants to take it an make millions I'm ok with that. I only want a free prototype when it available.[emoji3]

These have been around forever google verifier vs clarifier

Comment

Still have plenty of time.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                    These have been around forever google verifier vs clarifier
                    Well shucks! Guess I won't be telling the boss to "stick it" anytime soon then.
                    Thanks tho, I am going to check those out.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Hate when that happens. Keep at it and it will happen.

Comment

Working...
                        X